Algorithm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Help! Wifey has been diving with a Genesis React Pro (old style) for years. I picked her up a SmartCom cheap as her React Pro will die in a couple of years due to firmware issues (no year in programming after 2016) unless Sherwood or Pelagic announce a trade-up program. She got locked out on her first dive with the SmartCom due to a deco ceiling. Her Genesis, which she had with her and wasuí watching, never was anywhere near deco.

Needless to say, she now hates the Scubapro as it is TOO conservative. Has Scubapro done anything to improve on the conservativeness of their product. She got locked out due to a failed 2 min stop at 10' that never got close on the other!

What are good reasonable alternatives now for someone who computer dives and uses Macs. Needless to say, she is sticking to her older React Pro for the rest of the week.

You have posted this on other threads and have received suggestions. The DSAT algorithm is among the more liberal on the market, perhaps only 2nd to the Cochran algorithm. If you want to continue to dive this algorithm, get yourself a Oceanic or Aeris computer that uses it, with or without the more conservative PZ+, Buhlmann algorithm. I don't see any particular reason for you to complain, you get the algorithm you buy. If you didn't want the Scubapro algorithm, you should not have bought it, bargain or not.

I dive an Oceanic VT3 primary with a Geo2/SPG backup. Everyone in my family dives an Oceanic computer. We have no complaints.

Good diving, Craig

Back
Top Bottom