Aliens of the Deep on IMAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skeet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Kinda of disapointing. They have showed most of the footage on T.V. already. They announce at the beginning of the show that it's not a true IMAX shot film, seems they just through together some old clips too.

So not worth the price of admission?

ScubaTexan:
So not worth the price of admission?

I am going to see it this afternoon and will make certain to post a review. Cameron makes me nuts, but I just can't see how the cool creature on a gigantic screen factor could not make it worth the price of admission.

I am fresh from the theatre and I'll concur with the thumbs down. I was not expecting much and I was still disappointed.

There is about 10 minutes of really cool footage of the dumbo octopus thing and some other really cool jellyfish type creature. There is another 10 minutes or so of neat footage of the creatures that live around the hot water vents. This footage is probably worth the price of admission.

Whether it's worth the price of admission + sitting through about 50 minutes of inane banter and cheap Imax 3d tricks (the old wet animal nose in your face type stuff) is a closer call.

Overall, I probably wouldn't have gone to see it knowing what I know now, but it's not unbelievably terrible.

"They announce at the beginning of the show that it's not a true IMAX shot film,"

It is most likely a 35mm blow up. Most Imax is these days. It would be quite a task to get an IMAX camera to the bottom of the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom