All about H-valves and Y-valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Use lp95s with h-valve.I also like switching back and forth.OMS are very robust,but then I don't like how they get positioned.Dive-Rite work better for me.LostYooper is correct about the buddy/doubles thing as well.

Might as well start a sourcing reference for H- and Y-valves, since they seem to have a following here.

www.divers-supply.com carries modular Sea Elite manifolds and H-valves. They're available in both right- and left-hand valves, in both 200 and 300 bar versions, and with viton o-rings and soft rubber knobs.

The website may or not reflect all this at the moment (it didn't earlier, but always hold out hope, children), so call for a definite answer.

Any other good sources for Y- or H-valves?

Can't seem to reach the link you posted to Diverssupply.com.

But that was my next question...... where to go and what brand is the one to get.

Thanks for all the replies.

Another thought ....

Would you NOT want to dive wet using an H valve? You would lose one redundant boyancy device. Or is it an idea to use a wing that has (2) inflator valves?? Or perhaps a dual bladder wing?

What are your thoughts on diving wet with an H valve?

Originally posted by cybordolphin
Another thought ....

Would you NOT want to dive wet using an H valve? You would lose one redundant boyancy device. Or is it an idea to use a wing that has (2) inflator valves?? Or perhaps a dual bladder wing?

What are your thoughts on diving wet with an H valve?
This is a function of the tank, not the valve. The confusion may come from the loose association of "H" valves with larger steel tanks, but it is the tank and not the valve that can contraindicate a wetsuit.
Rick

Originally posted by cybordolphin
It doesn't change the number of buoyancy devices you're using. When diving dry, I hook up my wing inflator to my right post (first stage reg) and my drysuit inflator to my left. When diving wet, the drysuit inflator just hangs loose.

A couple of H-valve caveats: shutting down posts is not as easy as with doubles, but it's manageable for me. Also, the weight of the extra reg and valve means that you'll have to adjust your trim from what you used to use.

When I dive a single tank, which isn't very often, I use an H-valve. It doesn't do any good though unless you master manipulating the valves. Get fast at it and do it neutral and horizantal.

Ok.... but lets say you have to shut down the side that has your BC inflator on it. And you are diving wet...

The only answer I spose would be to oral inflate the BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom