All Inclusive Dive Resort in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vhs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for an all inclusive dive resort in Cozumel (includes diving and food). I plan on going the first weekend in Dec. for 5 nights. Any suggestions would be helpful. I was looking a scuba club cozumel and Hotel Cozumel and Resort. Thanks. :cool2:

Couple of questions... Do you have a preferred dive op in Cozumel? Any particular amenities ? What diving do you want to do? Do you care about the quality of the food? SS

Of the 2 you mentioned, SCC is more diver atmosphere and diver driven. It's on the water. It's dive op is the only dive op that can pick up at the SCC pier. HCR is more family atmosphere that happens to have a lot of divers staying there. It is located across the street from the water. It's in house dive op is Dive Paradise, but you can dive with any dive op you choose, and they will pick you up at the hotel pier. They both are located around a 10 minute walk into the town square area. Both have numerous repeat customers that like each one for different reasons.

You mention you are looking for all inclusive diving and food. That sounds more like SCC to me... They hold your meal if your dive boat is late getting back to dock.

Good luck in your search. You may find yourself changing what you originally thought you desired..... Hope this info helps until some others chime in for you.

The only dive op that I have used 1x was Papa Hogs. I was hoping to have the diving included whenever we stayed this time. As for amenities, I would like a place that is clean, has a pool, has a safe in the room, 2 double beds, ok for pickey eaters. As for the diving. The other person I will be going with is pretty new to diving. She has dove in the Bahamas and in Cabo. I am pretty flexible with the diving as long as I get wet and can see some life. I would like to do a night dive.

SCC gets my vote.

No safe in the room, but free safety deposit boxes in the main office.

Unlimited, easy shore diving in front of the hotel.

Note: AI includes room, food, diving, but not beverages.

The only dive op that I have used 1x was Papa Hogs. I was hoping to have the diving included whenever we stayed this time. As for amenities, I would like a place that is clean, has a pool, has a safe in the room, 2 double beds, ok for pickey eaters. As for the diving. The other person I will be going with is pretty new to diving. She has dove in the Bahamas and in Cabo. I am pretty flexible with the diving as long as I get wet and can see some life. I would like to do a night dive.

Finding an AI hotel that is Clean, with a pool, safe in room and 2 double beds is easy enough. Your diving needs of course are very important and since your visit is the beginning of December getting something booked ASAP would be good. However, my biggest concern I have is AI food, especially for picky eaters in Cozumel. AI's in Cozumel do not have the best reputation for good food. Other than Cozumel Palace which gets pretty good reviews, AI's can be very bad or hit and miss. From the two AI's you mentioned, SCC seems to have the better reviews with HCR getting OK reviews. I have stayed at Park Royal (June 2007) which actually had decent food. The quality of the buffet was similar to cruise ship buffet fare. I have also had the experience of staying at the Wyndham AI Resort. (July 2008) All I can say is that the meals were poor. The same sad and bland food selections were served at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner..Literally ! However, there has been a recent change of management at the Wyndham, so perhaps there have been improvements made.

If you are set on an AI for your vacation in order to plant yourself and not go out and about, I would say that something will work out as long as your expectations are not set too high. However, if your needs require a better level of cuisine, then I would recommend a Non AI and take advantage of the MANY wonderful restaurants that are available in Cozumel. SS

To the best of my knowledge Scuba Club is the ONLY resort where the diving is a part of the package, but they have a price for non divers too (or did when I checked since my wife doesn't dive). As for Hotel Cozumel the diving is extra, but that allows a huge variety of options re a dive op, and if you want to do a lot of diving the in house op has a very good price on the third tank of the day option. Food is so so but I have always found something acceptable, (the AI option) but it's close enough to town for restaurants if needed. Other AI's that have pretty good food are the Iberostar, the Grand, and already mentioned The Palace.

I stayed at the Park Royal in February 2008 and the meals have improved greatly with the renovations. They now have Italian, Caribbean, and Mexican Resaturants in addition to the Buffet. They do have a swim up pool, and Dos Equis on tap. The dive shop is right across the street (takes you to the usual spots).

You can book Hotel Cozumel through Dive Paradise and basically get the same deal you would through SCC. The only real difference is SCC is on the water, HC is across the street. HC includes alcohol, SCC does not.

Both have good proximity to town.

If you watch the specials, a lot of times you can get an all-inclusive package with meals and drinks at one of the all-inclusive resorts with a beach, near many major dive sites, and add a dive package with the dive operator of your choice, for less than Scuba Club. Hotel Cozumel often runs specials with food and drink, and you can add a dive package, at a rate that is less than Scuba Club.

Underwater photos of Cozumel by Scuba One Travel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom