All Work and NO Play

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Sadly I have seen my self working more and more these few past weeks.:1poke: :1poke:
It seems that all i have been doing is waking up before the sun rises, work all day and come home to eat, have just enough energy to check some new post and back to sleep again.
Where is the fun:06:
It seems as the days here in New York are getting colder, I am putting diving on the back burner and spending more time at work. It truly is painful, not to log a single dive in two weeks.
Last night i just wanted to throw on my BC and taste salt water, how sad???

Am I the only person, that works all day and has no time for diving????? say no please
jason.JPG

We've all had periods when the "have to do's" over whelm the "want to do's".

I had taken a Wednesday vacation day this summer to dive, ended up doing the brakes on a vehicle of mine. The upshot? Saved $400, got 2 more E7_80s!

Hang in there things will come around.

Pete

Nope no idea what you are talking about...in fact i didn't go diving today cuz i needed a break... :)

Mike Veitch:
Nope no idea what you are talking about...in fact i didn't go diving today cuz i needed a break... :)

Smug git! :wink:

Not had a dive for about two weeks (thanks to an ear infection) and starting to get tetchy... got to last until Friday to get the all clear, then will probably go and get some scallops on Friday night.

seaboyforever - I was given a piece of advice a long time ago, it was actually relationship advice but also works in terms of lifestyle..... BUDGET FOR THE LUXURIES FIRST. Works for me and I've managed to not get sacked despite often being late for work after having a sneaky surf in the morning, or disappearing early for a dive.

seaboyforever:
Am I the only person, that works all day and has no time for diving????? say no please
jason.JPG

About 2 years ago I was in a similar postion. I was going to work around 6am and sometimes not getting home until 2am. The rare days I worked less than 12 hours a day I was too tired to do anything but sleep and catch up on the laundry. I finally wised up and said this is stupid. Quit my career to pursue one that gave me much more time for diving. I now spend 3 months of the year doing nothing but diving.

I hope you get some dives in.

Polly

Dude,
If possible make time.
You'll feel better.
I guarantee it.
I don't know about NY but out here in CA the diving is actually better in the winter.
Catch a bird to CA and I'll show you some kelp forest.
Andy

Back
Top Bottom