Allianz Travel insurance experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
Just posting this to give the board my experience on using Allianz Travel insurance. I use the board and the web for travel purchases.

I purchased Allianz travel insurance on my wife's flight to the East coast, covering the roundtrip flight only.

Unfortunately, my wife ended up falling and breaking her arm shortly before the trip. Story short, she couldn't go.

We made a claim. There was some minor issue in getting the claims forms but that was easily resolved. I sat back and waited for the reasons they would not reimburse but had no such experience.

We were reimbursed for the full amount of the flight (less the travel insurance of course). The claim was resolved pretty quickly and the money sent to us.

Another poster had complained they weren't compensated as much as they should have been but our situation was only for flight only, so our experience was a good one. Just a datapoint in your decision.

I'm sorry to hear it happened and that you had to use it but I am glad that you were paid out without much issue. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope the Mrs. is recovering well if not fully already.

Do you have a link to the post re: the poster that wasn't compensated as much as they should have been?

Thanks.

My problem is that the sell it as trip insurance. I's not. It's flight insurance.

My problem is that the sell it as trip insurance. I's not. It's flight insurance.

Can you please elaborate? Do you have a personal experience to share? It would be helpful for others who search for this later on in addition to my wanting to learn more. :)

We had a claim with Allianz, delayed flight caused a missed connection. By the time it was resolved with a new flight we had already missed a night of accommodation and rental car, as well as incurred a nights accommodation in Ft Lauderdale where our connection was. They reimbursed us for everything including meals. Paid for new flight, 1 night hotel we had reserved, 1 night hotel that we needed while stranded in ft Lauderdale, 1 day rental car, dinner and breakfast while stranded. Took about 3 months to sort through everything and recieve payment, but it wasnt bad

A year ago February our flight back to Maine from a Florida dive trip was canceled because of a snowstorm.

Allianz insurance paid for a night in an airport hotel in West Palm Beach for me and my dive buddies.

I’m pretty sure I submitted the paperwork online, and in a few weeks I got a check in the mail. I think highly of this company, and I routinely get my trips insured.

Doesn't trip insurance cover flight related issues? Allianze has pretty much the same coverages as other travel insurances - such as DAN travel or Credit Card coverages - except lower coverage amounts whether it's single trip or an annual policy (not including any specialty areas some people want or need covered.) At least that's what my research showed when I was shopping around.

I usually get the Allianze policy when we get our airfare . Made one claim for a night in a hotel when we missed a connection (weather related.) The process of uploading documents for the claim and the time it took to get the payment was painless and reasonable.

The main reason I get the insurance is for the medical which isn't a huge amount, but since I have no medical that follows me out of the state (except emergency care in the States) it gives me a little something extra along with DAN diving insurance.

Glad to hear of other successful claims in case I really wind up in a situation.

Can you please elaborate? Do you have a personal experience to share? It would be helpful for others who search for this later on in addition to my wanting to learn more. :)

Trip insurance should cover the cost of the trip. I had to cancel a trip due to an emergency heart catherization and stent placement. My recovery was limited to the cost of the flight. My bad I know for not reading all the terms and conditions and then (not finding anything about that type of situation) called and asked. Still, I think it's misleading to call it trip insurance when it only covers the flight and costs directly connected to the flight. It should be called flight insurance.

Trip insurance should cover the cost of the trip. I had to cancel a trip due to an emergency heart catherization and stent placement. My recovery was limited to the cost of the flight. My bad I know for not reading all the terms and conditions and then (not finding anything about that type of situation) called and asked. Still, I think it's misleading to call it trip insurance when it only covers the flight and costs directly connected to the flight. It should be called flight insurance.

Wow, that is a huge bummer. I hope you're okay now. I have not looked at Allianz closely but of the ones that I have read fine print for, including my specific credit card coverage, DAN travel insurance and Dive Assure travel insurance, that is not the case (thankfully). How long ago was this? You may still have recourse with your credit card coverage.

I've had very good luck with Allianz - claims paid promptly and easily for flight delays resulting in missed connections with meals and overnight hotel stays reimbursed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom