Alligator grabs attention of diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ghostdiver1957

Contributor
Reaction score
For those who like diving the Cooper River for Sharks Teeth in South Carolina, here is a note for you... BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS.

On a recent trip one of our divers became seperated from the main group. We all returned to the boat when we realized one was missing. We were not immediately concerned as he was an experienced diver and as we scanned the water we saw bubbles on the surface. A moment or two later he surfaced about 25 yards from the boat. At that moment he (and we) saw an Alligator enter the water from shore and head under in his direction. There was not immediate concern because gators are not considered a threat to humans in this area. They are generally timid and avoid contact... however as our diver headed toward the boat the gator surfaced just a few feet behind him... and believe me, this grabbed our friends attention. Luckily that was all it grabbed. A curious gator indeed... made the trip worth the money... so next time you're in the Cooper... make note of the gators!

Fake headline - you're as bad as the news media.

well on my trip to the cooper we were back on the boat moving from 1st dive location to the second and as we went around the bend there was a gator just swimming across the river.....im like aww s#&t i aint making a second dive...but i got in anyway
and did another diver..still kinda freaky though knowing u just passed a gator
and u're about to get in the same water as it is in

DandyDon:
Fake headline - you're as bad as the news media.
I fixed it for ye Don...
Rick :)

Rick Murchison:
I fixed it for ye Don...
Rick :)
Better, thanks. "Gator Looks At Diver" would be more accurate, but - thanks still.

If you are in a freshwater body in the southeast then you are swimming with gators. If you don't like it, don't swim.

I am more concerned about some of the people in the water endangering others. Gators don't seem to be a problem around here in GATOR COUNTRY.

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/

-V

Vayu:
If you are in a freshwater body in the southeast then you are swimming with gators. If you don't like it, don't swim.-V

Its creepy enough seeing them from the surface. I would be scared to see one underwater. I just get in the lake and push the thoughts of gators out of my head. I keep getting in, but must admit that I think gators are scary.

DandyDon:
Better, thanks. "Gator Looks At Diver" would be more accurate, but - thanks still.
Yeah, well, I figured I'd leave a little of the original hook in there :)
Rick

RumBum:
Its creepy enough seeing them from the surface. I would be scared to see one underwater. I just get in the lake and push the thoughts of gators out of my head. I keep getting in, but must admit that I think gators are scary.
There's a park south of Houston somewhere where you can walk the trail around sunning gators that are used to humans walking around. No problem, but walk way around.

Saw one lady walking her toy poodle on the trail. Some people aren't too smart. :11:

Don, she wasn't walking her poodle. She was trolling for gators.

Guess they just weren't biting that day.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom