Almost 100% happy with the "puck"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

del_mo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Boy, I can't say enough about this great sub-$300 computer. My one gripe is that once you are in the log setting, it seems you have to go through all your dives (40 hours worth) before you have a chance to exit and get back to another screen...unless you do nothing and wait 1.5 minutes. I can't find anything in the manual that suggests there is another way to get from the last logged dive (for example) and get back to dive planning. Am I missing something?

Hi,

I have been out of the office, but on Tuesday will send you a flow chart on the Puck features.

Regards

Phil

Still waiting.

Here is the flow chart for Puck computers.

Del,

You are not missing anything. Once in log book mode you need to scroll through all logged dives in order to escape back to main menu. Or as you say wait a minute or so and the computer will automatically go back. This is a really great computer with easy intuitive 1 button operation. If you really desire the ability to scroll forwards or backwards I would recommend the Nemo Wide or Nemo Air. Both these computers boast a 4 button operation and have the capacity to scroll up, down, forwards, and backwards. However they do cost a little more. :wink:

Glad you like the Puck.

Best regards!

Attachments

• Computer_PUCK_Flow_Chart[1].pdf
    105 KB · Views: 66
Thanks.

del: if it's any consolation, every other smaller computer I've tried (admittedly a short list, but > 3, and only one of those from Mares) has been the same; one-way log browsing only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom