Almost a poll...how many divers on this board are landlocked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10 minutes to a 9fsw sandy bottom
20 minutes to a 15fsw shore dive
45 minutes to a 20fsw pier
90 minutes to a boat charter
2-3 hours to a host of good shore dives

about 1 and 1/2 hr from a quarry and 11 hrs from the ocean and still prefer the Carribbean. ;-0 I need to win the lottery! :bonk:

Durring my contract, when I'm shipboard...just a few feet to the ocean...I'm surrounded by the stuff...I'm generally limited by time though...I can generally get 2-4 tanks a week though.

When I'm on vacation, I'm in Atlanta, or Philly....haven't been in either durring the summer, so I haven't been diving in either.

Peace.
Cathie

Close enough to a quarry but still landlocked. Bainbridge Quarry is about 30 minutes away, Guppy Gulch an hour, Dutch Springs 3.5 hours, the Delaware shore 4+ hours.

The warm waters of the Carib... a few months away.....:D

45 minutes away from 500 ft deep 10 ft vis Kootenay lake.
1 hr away from Pend'or'eille (sp) Lake
2 hrs awaY from Cour'd'lane lake
10 hrs away from vancouver and clear cold water

Less that 2 miles to the mud hole of the ozarks.... vis between 0 and 8ft at best

Scubaddawg

Get Wet Or Go Home

Try Kansas...the best diving here is a stock watering tank. Makes buddy diving a little tough and forget photography, plus not much marine life in one. :)

We dive Table Rock Lake in SW Missouri or Beaver Lake in NE Arkansas, which are about 4 hours away. Not going to brag about much vis there but it is water. Want to try Oronogo N of Joplin, MO someday soon.

Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom