Almost complete? Just starting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khblair

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There hasn't been much action on this forum lately. I'm curious to see how far along everyone is, what their goal date is and what their favorite part of DMC is.

I'll start. I have 2 water skills left that I'll knock out tonight (equipment exchange and snorkel); rescue demo; advanced assists; mapping project; a few more OW dives (most of which I'll get in this weekend actually). My goal date is around the 2nd week in June. My favorite part is watching a new student from the very first class accomplishing each skill and the smile on their face. Going from a 'deer in headlights' to 'can't stop grinning because they can't believe they actually did it' really makes me love what I do. Having 'been there, done that' I can empathize with them and I get to work with them one-on-one and it's awesome when they 'get it'.

Anyone else?

completed the snorkel and completed the equipment exchange tonight. just a few more to go....anyone else getting close?

Just got 2 exams and second internship to do, 10 days in Bonaire delayed me a bit, but it was worth it!

That's an awfully nice "diversion"!

hiya!

I'm not in the same boat - am actually teaching a class of DMs at the moment, who are (hopefully) two days away from certification so are getting as excited as you are!

Congratulations for making it this far, and good luck with the rest of your course!

C.

I've completed all of the knowledge development and tests. I've also done the 15 minute tread, 2 confined water sessions with students, skills development and the equipment exchange. I have left: Map, DM Conducted Program, 3 confined water and 5 open water, (ear infection kept me out of the water this weekend) rescue eval, and the three swims. No hurry...it'll come...:D

Just have the AOW and Rescue internships to do. Meeting with my instructor this coming Wednesday night to schedule the times. (My darn day job REALLY gets in the way of my diving!")

:crafty: Just finished

I finished yesterday:) It seems some of the discussion we had regarding the equipment exchange disappeared with server updates...

Good luck Joe-Diver

Arizona

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom