Almost full moon, Erojacks, Thursday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tonight... Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots becoming east 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Near shore...Seas 2 to 3 feet subsiding to 2 feet or less after midnight. Well offshore...Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm probably not going to make it, too much to do at home. I hope y'all get a lot of bugs!!

Everyone shut up with the forcasts! you'll jinx it! :wink:

Nitrojunki and I called it (OK, I called it) around 5:15 as there were too many white caps the the current appeared to be rippping from the north. Shall try again next week.

sure, we can try again.

A few of us did head out and it wasn't too bad tonight. you and I have certainly been out in worse. We had a heck of a time finding the darn jax though. We walked past the one on the beach 3 times!

...We had a heck of a time finding the darn jax though. We walked past the one on the beach 3 times!

What he really means is we walked past the one UNDER the beach. It's almost completely buried with only a few inches left above the sand. It wasn't easy to spot - especially in the dark.

Despite our initial challange, it was a nice dive and the conditions really weren't bad by the time we hit the water. The current was running pretty good from North to South which made for a quick drift back toward the pier after we reached the end of the jax.

I noticed when I got home from the dog park at 7:15 or so the wind had died. I thought of ya'll... it was so much more windy earlier.

Well, Im back from Key West. Rain Rain Rain. Took a boat dive to a reef with Subtropic and the roller coaster ride out there was more a thrill than the dive. Cloudy, vis down to 30' I will be in the Miami area for the rest of the week Jenny if you still want to try the beach. Not sure what the weather has to say about it however. Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom