Almost ready to open...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey all, NetDoc here at the Florida Dive Show and expections are mixed. We are seeing a few empty spaces (we open in an hour and a half). No one from Cozumel is here, and we miss them!

We will be updating pictures as people arrive!

Cool Beans!

You guys have a webcam for those who live far away? :]

We should have pictures uploaded sometime today!

BTW, The turnout was definitely heavier than anticipated! There are now only a couple of slots not filled in (Thanks to Wilma!). All of the exhibitors were pleased with the results! Here are some highlights:

Kudos to Brad at Dive Chronicles for putting on this show! They have their new magazines out and the content is great! Super articles about "The Story of Jnah", "Murphys Law" and "Taveuni, Fiji"!

OMS has a brand new HID light and the form factor is SWEET!!! It's a tiny little thing with a HUGE output. Their backplate and wings are welll done with all of those edges smoothed out so you don't fray or cut the strap. It is definitely Hogarthian, and to my untrained eye seems to be compliant to DIR standards as well.

Speaking of lighting... Green Force is out in force with their modular lighting system. WHOA! They have a 10 watt HID that runs on 8 AA batteries for TWO HOURS!!! I was pretty amazed... maybe we can get them to sponsor a contest in the future??? :D

PADI has a great booth and their new "National Geographic Diver" program. They are pretty stoked about combining the two giants to help promote ecologica and historical awareness.

The Florida Bureau of Archeological Research has their booth here as well. They are featuring the "Mystery Wreck" off of Key Largo. As always, I am impressed with their dedication to the sport of diving. We are in the planning stages of an Instructor level class on Marine Preservation, so that these instructors can go and train students in this important area. I have a post about this in the Instructor's area and hopefully we can do the class in January. If you are an instructor and are interested in adding this to your repertoire, PLEASE CONTACT ME! (The entire project will be hosted at FAU to keep costs to a minimum; Thanks MB!)

Always Learning... For those who know me at all, you know that I have had a real love/hate relationship with my Canon Digital Elph and Inon Strobe. My results are MOSTLY bad, and I have never figured out why. MAJOR MONDO KUDOS to Ryan (A ScubaBoard user) who works with the good folk at Reef Photo & Video. He gave me a wonderful class, and it shortly became obvious WHY they are as successful as they are: they solved my problems with a wonderful education! YAY Ryan! If you have any questions about what to buy and HOW TO OPERATE it, go talk to these people. You won't be sorry, and tell 'em "Netdoc sent you!"

NetDoc:
... We are in the planning stages of an Instructor level class on Marine Preservation, so that these instructors can go and train students in this important area. I have a post about this in the Instructor's area and hopefully we can do the class in January. If you are an instructor and are interested in adding this to your repertoire, PLEASE CONTACT ME! (The entire project will be hosted at FAU to keep costs to a minimum; Thanks MB!)
Whaa... uh, yeah, that's right, it uhhh, right after the rescue class...

I just got in after a day at the show. Nice meeting the SB folks who I previously only knew by screen name. I had my hands full with kid duties, however, I was still able to chat to quite a few folks, and even walk around a little bit. I was impressed with the attendence for this being the first year, and the variety of vendors. A little bit of a wide range of dive related products and services, from magazines and NAUI to jewelry and wings were represented. Good job to all the sponsors, and I look forward to a bigger and better show next year.

NetDoc:
We should have pictures uploaded sometime today!

BTW, The turnout was definitely heavier than anticipated! There are now only a couple of slots not filled in (Thanks to Wilma!). All of the exhibitors were pleased with the results! Here are some highlights:

Kudos to Brad at Dive Chronicles for putting on this show! They have their new magazines out and the content is great! Super articles about "The Story of Jnah", "Murphys Law" and "Taveuni, Fiji"!

OMS has a brand new HID light and the form factor is SWEET!!! It's a tiny little thing with a HUGE output. Their backplate and wings are welll done with all of those edges smoothed out so you don't fray or cut the strap. It is definitely Hogarthian, and to my untrained eye seems to be compliant to DIR standards as well.

Speaking of lighting... Green Force is out in force with their modular lighting system. WHOA! They have a 10 watt HID that runs on 8 AA batteries for TWO HOURS!!! I was pretty amazed... maybe we can get them to sponsor a contest in the future??? :D

PADI has a great booth and their new "National Geographic Diver" program. They are pretty stoked about combining the two giants to help promote ecologica and historical awareness.

The Florida Bureau of Archeological Research has their booth here as well. They are featuring the "Mystery Wreck" off of Key Largo. As always, I am impressed with their dedication to the sport of diving. We are in the planning stages of an Instructor level class on Marine Preservation, so that these instructors can go and train students in this important area. I have a post about this in the Instructor's area and hopefully we can do the class in January. If you are an instructor and are interested in adding this to your repertoire, PLEASE CONTACT ME! (The entire project will be hosted at FAU to keep costs to a minimum; Thanks MB!)

Always Learning... For those who know me at all, you know that I have had a real love/hate relationship with my Canon Digital Elph and Inon Strobe. My results are MOSTLY bad, and I have never figured out why. MAJOR MONDO KUDOS to Ryan (A ScubaBoard user) who works with the good folk at Reef Photo & Video. He gave me a wonderful class, and it shortly became obvious WHY they are as successful as they are: they solved my problems with a wonderful education! YAY Ryan! If you have any questions about what to buy and HOW TO OPERATE it, go talk to these people. You won't be sorry, and tell 'em "Netdoc sent you!"

Hi Pete
Thanks for the report...

I don't know if I'd be in town at a good time, but if there is any marine preservation course/training going on, I might be interested.

Next year, I'll probably be in town for late August (Boca Raton).

Jim

Hey Pete, Great to meet you, Walter and Fugu at the show today. It was a great show with lots of manufactures. The new low volume frameless Atomic mask is great and the all in one Oxycheck wing and harness at $400 total are going to be huge hits when they come out of production. Aquatica is also working on the housing for the new D200. Lots and lots of cool new stuff!!

Scuba_Jenny:
I just got in after a day at the show. Nice meeting the SB folks who I previously only knew by screen name. I had my hands full with kid duties, however, I was still able to chat to quite a few folks, and even walk around a little bit.
I echo that.. those I was able to meet before my blinding experience.... I feel like a putz for having missed out on the time I was to be there Saturday, but there wasn't much I could do about it. Thank you Jenny and Krista and Julie for stepping up and going way above and beyond to help with the boys!

Scuba_Jenny:
I was impressed with the attendence for this being the first year, and the variety of vendors. A little bit of a wide range of dive related products and services, from magazines and NAUI to jewelry and wings were represented. Good job to all the sponsors, and I look forward to a bigger and better show next year.
I was impressed that it was a first year show! I've been to other shows for other things and have seen a whopping 6 whole booths/tables. I can't wait to see (and participate) in the WHOLE show next year! :D

Back
Top Bottom