Almost there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Royce

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Completed the written test last Sunday. Then we have one more pool session to learn a couple of extra skills and I'm done with the classroom.

First week in May I'm off to Ft. Lauderdale for my checkout dive and I'll be certified .... or at least certifiable. :D

Can't wait. The Florida trip sounds like a blast with the checkout on Saturday and Sunday and then finishing with an optional fun dive on Monday.

Who are you diving with (lds) down in Ft. Lauderdale?
PS have a great time.

My last confined class is this Saturday. Unfortunately I can't do checkout dives until
June locally.

Sorry. I'm not sure what the LDS in Ft. Lauderdale is. I'm going thorough my group up here and they are setting everything up.

Lucky you! I did my first ocean dive with a boat out of Boynton Beach, just a little ways north of Ft Lauderdale. One word to describe it -- Awesome! Definitely do the optional fun dive.

Ron

Greetings Royce and welcome to the diving community! You will be glad that you waited till May for your check out dives. It is possible to do your check out dives in the springs of north central FL earlier if you wish. The OW conditions of March and April can be sketchy and unpredictable. The lesson that one learns while writing on Scuba Board from FL wishing for a dive opportunity in the Gulf or other side. But no complaints the manatee trip Bird's Underwater offers was awesome and the caves of north FL are the best!
As others have mentioned be sure to do the fun dive. It offers you an opportunity to just dive and have fun not having to do any skills. This being said it is very important to keep your 18 basic diving skills very sharp. If it was me I would use the time between pool and OW to hone these skills in the pool and practice as much as I could.
I am a sucker for water time whenever I can get it, whatever type it matters not!
You will love the adventure you have started the possibilities are endless. One should never get bored with diving because there is always another place to go or training to get there. Have fun and enjoy the ride!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom