Aloha from Reno

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainHornblower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just looked at my friends list and it said zero? What's up with that? I've been a member for all of about 10 minutes. Why no friends? You guys standoffish or what? Actually, if anyone has any experience diving off a sailboat I'd love to hear about your experience. I have a sailboat in San Fran and am thinking about diving off her.

Just got back from Maui today, so I'll close with an Aloha and a mahalo.

Captain Bruce

Welcome to Scuba Board, Captain Bruce. 10 minutes and you're complaining that you have no friends....and they say New Yorker are pushy :D :no

I've gone sailing on sailboats and jumped out of them to go swimming in the lake but I have no experience diving off a sailboat.

There are alot of forums and threads on this site so that explains my delay.

Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
Big_eyed.gif

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom2.gif

[/c]

Welcome to scubaboard :)

Here is the local NorCal forum. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/

What make/model sailboat do you have? The biggest question is can you get back onto your sailboat? I grew up sailing a 10 meter Pearson out of Marina Green and there is no way to easily get back onto it. When we retire (Way out in the future) we plan to sail around the world and the boat will definitely have easy reboarding.

The next question is where do you plan on diving? The North Coast is rugged, but has great opportunities. Monterey area is spectacular, with lots of moorage, and of course dive sites. The San Francisco area is not really divable. The Farallon's in January could be done, but you better know what you are doing, as to currents and other dangers. Not recommend for all but the most experienced.

Welcome to teh ScubaBoard! Some of us have to work!!!!! Just Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All these nice greeting! Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Peter C: I have a 1979 Swan 47. It's got a fair amount of freeboad so going up the side is not an option. It does have a swim ladder on the stern, but it's marginal and I'm a little concerned about getting up the ladder in open water as the stern tends to buck with the waves. But I found a thread dealing with the issue and got a great idea: an inflatable dingy. Currently we keep a 10 foot Trinka on the foredeck, but a 10 foot inflatable would fit just as nicely and would work great for a dive tender. Plus my wife's would like to replace the Trinka anyway; it's great for rowing and sailing but is really "tippy".

We keep the boat in Point Richmond, so it's disappointing that there's no diving in the Bay, but 4 or 5 day trips to Monterey or north to Sonoma county would work.

I'll check out the the NorCal links you sent.

And Sam -- Thanks for being my very first friend :)

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom