Alternative to the PADI wheel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kensuguro:
I think it's one of the silliest ideas, but has anyone worked with the electronic RDP? It's the one that looks like a calculator, and is PADI official. Not sure if it does multi-level though..
I had to buy one to be a DM at my LDS (multi-store chain commonly referred to as the evil empire here in So Cal). It's ok to use, but the wheel and tables are faster for me.

The Canadian (?) DCIIM table is made also for multilevel diving and is very easy to use. It is also cheep :). On one slate both altitude diving, multilevel diving and repetitive are coverd. I've used it for years.

DameDykker:
The Canadian (?) DCIIM table is made also for multilevel diving and is very easy to use. It is also cheep :). On one slate both altitude diving, multilevel diving and repetitive are coverd. I've used it for years.

I've been trying to get my hands on one of those for a while. I can't seem to find it at any of the LDSs I walk into (across the US) or online. I'm not sure if I'm just looking in the wrong places or if it's not available here.

Scuba_Steve:
DCIEM may help your search

Yeah, that's what I was searching for. No luck though. :frown:

Charlie99:
Some divers simply keep track of the average depth of their dive, and keep their time and average within either table limits or a simple "avg depth + time" < 120 or 110 minutes.

This algorithm allows dives that are beyond NDL as calculated with either the PADI/DSAT algorithm or the Buhlmann algorithm, and although it is hinted at by some instructors, I don't believe it is actually taught by any reputable agency.

How do you average your depth on a wall dive? Wouldn't that be risky?

Stan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom