Alternatives to DRIS "Impact Stubby" light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've had a DRIS Impact Stubby light on order since September last year, only to see the availability date move from October, to November, December, January and now February 28 !!!!

I have two hip mounted canister lights with Goodman handles on the heads, bu t I find handling one of them and my camera+flash is just juggling too many things. I was hoping for something with a rechargeable Li-Ion battery, a burn time of at least two hours, about 1000 lumens of output and small enough to mount on a soft-Goodman handle on my left hand.

Can someone suggest a reasonably priced alternative

DGX 600 isn't bad either.

I don't think either will give over 2 hours though.

DGX 600 isn't bad either.

I don't think either will give over 2 hours though.

they use cheap boards in those, so the 800 should burn for 2 hours with high quality batteries *read not the ones they come with*.

The DGX600 is basically the same light as the impact stubby though, so if you want a similar light, that one is closest. I don't really like them, especially for primary light use because they are twist ons, don't maintain light output throughout the burn, and don't have different brightness settings.
If any of that matters to you,
1-R105T Handheld Light – ANO Online Shop
these ones are much better

For my handhelds I prefer AA or 18650 powered lights. I've been successful with an Archon v10 over the last two years and just ordered a v10s. You can find them rebranded on other sites or buy directly from China and wait for shipping around the world.

IMO it's much easier to find quality 18650 cells (and chargers) than the other sizes of lithium batteries.

Looks like the dgx 800 is a good choice too.

Hi John, sorry for the huge headache! They should actually finally be available within 2-3 weeks(Chinese new year). I know that's not what you want to hear, but we had to reject a batch due to qc issues, then we decided to find a new manufacturer. This process took longer than we would have liked, but a much better product is on the way.

Please email me at Mike@diverightinscuba.com

For the trouble we will give you the light half off since you have been so patient!

Again I'm really sorry for the extended delay, trust me, we didn't want to be without it this long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom