Altitude after diving in Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Up in the Parker Ranch area? One consideration is the Saddle Road goes to 6000' somewhere near the observatory turn-off.

I think there's a back way in - inland from the Waikoloa area but I haven't done that in decades. Pretty sure it was all paved.
Elevation en route was my concern on this as well. What's your high point between Waimea (presumably where you're headed?) and where you're spending the night? I'm assuming it's Kona area, and my recollection is you have a gradual ascent up to Waimea, but it's been 7 years since I drove it....

@diversteve :
Are you referring to the road from Hilo? I think that gets pretty high.

The folks at Kohala Divers, after a 2-tank dive to 75 ft or so, said I could go back to Waimea / Kamuela immediately (2700 ft). To my discredit, I didn't check with any PADI or other altitude tables to confirm this. I assume they would have heard by now if people were getting bent, because there's not much lodging in Kohala, so many people go up to Waimea.

Are you referring to the road from Hilo? I think that gets pretty high.
my recollection also - over 6K' in places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom