Altitude Diving in a Volcano Crater Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Here is a nice story of an adventure, which took place in Indonesia, June 2007 about diving inside a Volcano Crater lake, at an Altitude of 2000 metres...

This five days journey is quite challenging as trekking and climbing through Savana or Jungle is needed to access inside the volcano "Gunnung Rinjani", in the heart of Lombok, Indonesia.

Gunnung Rinjani rise at 3726 metres and is the 2nd highest peak in Indonesia.

Just click on the link to download this microsoft word document:

http://www.1-2-dive.com/volcano/volcano-diving.doc

Please, be aware that, even if it is free for download, texts and photos are copyrighted.

Thank you for your understanding. :14:

Have a great day.

Interesting adventure dive, dude. Thanks for sharing your report and findings. Would be interesting what the scientists say of the sample of sea shells. Most likely the place was a prehistoric human settlement of some sort .....

Welcome to ScubaBoard...

Wow, interesting report, nice pictures - thanx for sharing!!

Sorry for dragging this thread out of its dormancy buut given that I was going to post about the volcano trek dive it seemed silly to start a new thread.

Has anybody completed this trek/dive? or know if there is still a dive centre or tour group that guides people there?

Thanks
Nic

To Nic aka Mrs BBC,

This adventure is still on and actually starts today, 1st of June and open till end of september.
Because of the altitude, this adventure trip, Trek'n dive works 4 months per year only.
You can have more details on:

1-2-dive Volcano :: Dive n' trek the Rinjani volcano, Lombok, Indonesia

Or contact me by email

Laurent@1-2-dive.com

I will send you a pdf brochure with all details of the trip.

U see? this thread is like an old volcano... it might be quiet and seems dormant, however it still burns underneath and one day it wakes up without warning.

Have nice dives.

Laurent Lavoye
Director
7SEAS International
1-2-Dive indonesia

Thanks for the swift reply Laurent, I have sent an email

Nic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom