For Sale Aluminum 80 - Willing To Ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might have a better chance of selling it if you actually provide the info being asked for.
What are the markings on the tank? All of them! "first hydro" is not helpful, born-date is.
Where would I find the born date?

It is stamped on the shoulder of the tank, along with the other info. Easiest just to provide a photo of the stampings...it will probably take two to get it all. The markings will look like this:
240px-Permanent_cylinder_markings_3.gif

The row that starts DOT-3AL is the row you want. The marking 01^93 in the example is your born date. the most critical markings are the DOT-3AL or what it says instead, and the born date.

OK, what you copied is the good stuff. The 06/93 is the born date. the key info here is that this is a modern tank, made with reliable metal, not one of the (very few) older ones that are problematic for ruptures. You've got a tank there that is quite usable and has a lot of good years left in it. Its only problem is it is pink, LOL. Good luck on selling it. At the price you are asking it is a steal. Not a steel, a steal.

Gotcha, thank you. Yeah I've been trying to sell it for a while now. I did have an older tank (the gray one). I finally put it in the recycle bin because of the older grade aluminum. Between the two tanks, I've tossed $175 down the toilet. So I'm trying to recover anything I can.

In case anyone wants to know, its close to $100 for shipping. So may not be worth the while unless you really want this tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom