For Sale Aluminum Freedom Plates- ALL SOLD OR ON HOLD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello again fellow divers,

A fairly good size run of aluminum Freedom Plates just went out to people on the list, but I have a extra plates available.
I had extra material so I just decided to use it up and I cut out several additional plates.
I’ll list them by number:

#449 small - SOLD
#454 small - SOLD
#455 small - SOLD
#445 medium - sale pending
#456 medium - SOLD
#458 medium - SOLD
#459 medium - SOLD

These plates do not have rails or any sort of rail bar system on the back, they are plain. They were designed to be used in combination with either the VDH wings or the Oxycheq Mach V wings. Those two brands utilize a roll control system that sets the tank perfectly at the right distance away from the plate and provides an excellent secure mounting platform. I decided to take advantage of the built in roll control cushions on those two brands so no rail bars or adapter system is needed. These plates are for travel so weight savings and simplicity were key in the design. These plates come with short 1/4” stainless carriage bolts that are used to hold the wing in place for set up and convenience. It’s very simple and self explanatory once you see it.
The cam bands get threaded through the wing and plate as usual for trouble free secure tank mounting.

These plates are made from .125 (1/8”) type 5052 aluminum. They are fully contoured and are identical to the s/s plates in shape and geometry. The only difference between this run and the last design is the top slots run straight not curved, but there is absolutely no difference in performace or feel.

The small weights 15 oz, and the medium weighs 1 lb-1oz.
That is correct, not a typo!

I’m selling these for $125.00 plus shipping.
If interested please email me at:
ericsedletzky at yahoo dot com

Thank you

Can you post some pics Eric? Eye candy always makes purchasing easier :wink:
It would have to be off my smart phone. I’m not the most device saavy guy. Maybe a mod or someone can help me figure out how to do that.
My desk top is out of service at the moment.

Front view only. No way am I making this easy for anyone to reverse engineer.

The overall curve makes me wonder if Eric used me for the fit to the spine. But then again, it is all about the rounded edges, nothing feels the least bit uncomfortable.

Artwork.

AL_FP.jpg

Front view only. No way am I making this easy for anyone to reverse engineer.

The overall curve makes me wonder if Eric used me for the fit to the spine. But then again, it is all about the rounded edges, nothing feels the least bit uncomfortable.

Artwork.

View attachment 504013
Perfect, thanks :)

I’m sure people have looked at it to try and copy it. There are people/companies here and in other countries that are always looking for new ideas and things to steal. They probably looked at this thing and figured it would be a colossal pain in the ass to try and replicate, so the design just by default almost protects itself.

Here's what a steel freedom plate looks like. Note that the aluminum ones don't have the single tank adapter (roll control system) you see here.
freedomplate_front.jpg freedomplate_back.jpg

What are the sizing recommendations?
Small: 5’3 to 5’7”
Medium: 5’7” to 6’1”

There is overlap too depending on long or short torso.
Also if you use a weightbelt some people like a shorter plate to give room for the belt. Weight pocket people might want a longer plate so the weight pockets on the waist band sit lower.

I am 5'7" of course right in the middle of sizes. Can you recommend a torso measurement we can do to find which would fit best?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom