Always something interesting at Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I had a great dive today at Blue Heron Bridge. I had to get up awefully early in the morning to make a high tide at 8:30, but it was worth it.

When I got down there, I parked right next to hmm... I don't remember her name... she's FairyBasslet's friend who was at the Invasion II. The one who wore the beanie with the fin on top. It was nice seeing her again... The viz was great today... an easy 60-80'. I could see a long way...

The one thing I always say when someone asks about Blue Heron Bridge is... it's the ugliest most interesting dive site in Florida. I always see something amazing, interesting, or new whenever I go. Today was not an exception....

Can anyone tell me what this critter is?

photo

It looked like a mutant moray of some sort... it was ugly...

Al

FLDiveJunkie sent me this... page 435 of the Reef Fish book. It's either a Spotted Snake Eel or a Spotted Spoon-nose Eel. Maybe?

btw... FLDiveJunkie and ScubaKat11 were my buddies at the bridge today.

Al:

Great find! I agree, it looks like a snake eel.

Wish I could have been there -- this cardiology call schedule thing really gets in the way of my diving sometimes! :)

Doug

debersole:
Al:

Great find! I agree, it looks like a snake eel.

Wish I could have been there -- this cardiology call schedule thing really gets in the way of my diving sometimes! :)

Doug

That's what I love about the bridge... there's always something of interest. I didn't see our little friend, though.

Al

Cool find, Robyn is Ellen's friend, now ask me her screen name and I am clueless.

WAIT I know, it's snaphappy, right??

DebbyDiver:
WAIT I know, it's snaphappy, right??

She is a photographer... You could be right.

I just did a member search and can't find her. I wonder if she joined during the period that was lost from the boards? A shame too because she lives in my little city and I was hoping to hook up with her for some local diving. If you run into her again, please give her my cell number or tell her to come on here and send me a PM.

Scuba_Dad:
FLDiveJunkie sent me this... page 435 of the Reef Fish book. It's either a Spotted Snake Eel or a Spotted Spoon-nose Eel. Maybe?

btw... FLDiveJunkie and ScubaKat11 were my buddies at the bridge today.

Congratulations of finding the infamous Spotted Snake Eel! :)

http://www.seasaba.com/photos/snakeeel.html

Find the Northern Stargazer thats there... yeah, the one I almost dee dee dee darwinized damaged myself with :lol:

CBulla:
Congratulations of finding the infamous Spotted Snake Eel! :)

http://www.seasaba.com/photos/snakeeel.html

Find the Northern Stargazer thats there... yeah, the one I almost dee dee dee darwinized damaged myself with :lol:

That's what I love about Blue Heron Bridge... you can find just about anything there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom