Am I being stupid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey coralcuts and others on this forum, it sounds like we have a lot in common (unfortunately)! Are there any decent guys out there who meet these criteria?! All I expect in a relationsip, in addition to your great list, is mutual respect and mutual caring...and yes, that includes honesty! The last guy I dated was a diver, but other than that, he was terrible for me. I am over him, but still hurt from what he did to me. Oh well. Let's enjoy our great friendships, join clubs where we can meet new buddies, and hope for the best in finding what we really want. :)

Lil38:
It's a wonderful thing when you know what you want. Even better when you find it! Sometimes it takes a while, stick to your guns! :crafty:

[
parents made the rules cause of a estate..

?? is.. you never mentioned there was big money involved,.. if there are millions at risk a pre nup is standard procedure...
you can take care of your self $$$$$ wise, your not happy your misrable,,.. i have a quote id rather be single and sane than married and miserable,,

I do hope your sex life is good...
move on,, face the fact you made a mistake at a earliy age in life dont compound it by making a bigger mistake as you grow older and wiser,,,.... you can find happiness with another in time,,,,,, you did say your attractive,,so go enjoy your life...

,,,QUOTE=smiling]At this point, seriously considering moving out/divorce option..................I can afford it but want to make sure before I move out........

Andy - he won't budge on financial issues, almost Godfather like adultation to family interests, I thought it was cute at 20, but not now, signed it cause had to to get married to guy I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with.......it's simply "business" to him and not considered a real part of marriage - he claims parents "made" the rules in giving him an estate to "manage" even though he's head of the family...........on sporty issues, he did try to adapt, but hated it and the remote control and comfort level were much stronger than an interest in adapting to wife's interests............

Money and sports are non-negotiable - I'll have to go diving alone (solo or whoever) and the prenup will never be changed or go away while our marriage stands.[/QUOTE]

Smiling one:

I'm not one for gossiping or getting into one's personal life when I am not personal with them... but my heart goes out to you. Just curious of your current situation. Lots of good advice and insight here, so I suppose I will throw my own at you.

If you are a vengeful person then dump his butt… never mind his best friend, go start an affair with his father. If you want to sleep well at night then you need to listen to your heart on this one. Your mind has all the elements to make a logical decision. Look at your marriage from a diving perspective and treat it as a “Treasure hunting expedition.” Leave no rock unturned, make sure you have made a thorough sweep in covering the entire area of trying anything and everything to make it better. You can only control and change yourself. You will not control, change or make someone love and care for you unconditionally. When you come up empty handed then you make a decision with your heart to smile and move on. If you can be content, then that will lead to happiness whether you are alone or with a new husband, soul mate, life mate, or even a dive mate.

You only have so much air in your tank; don’t waste the opportunity trying to fix what isn’t broken or to find what isn't there. That is the way he is and he will not change. If you want to smile and be happy with someone in your life, then you need to find someone that will walk beside you; not in front of you and certainly not over you. Purge the air in your tanks, start fresh and plan your next dive… you never know what you will come up with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom