Am I being stupid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OT, but where were all you young ladies when I spent 15 years convincing my wife that she’d like diving once she tried it?

MaxBottomtime:
Well, if you ever change your mind... :07:
Well, there ya go............ sheesh, and I'm way over here in FL! :wink:

Bill51:
OT, but where were all you young ladies when I spent 15 years convincing my wife that she’d like diving once she tried it?
I've been here all this time!!! (15 years) :D (Only been diving 15 weeks!) Had no idea I'd be loving it so much. Thanks to someone special for suggesting I take the class.

smiling:
Update.........

Moved out and got own place to stay in, stayed busy with work and making improvements on place, did a few counseling sessions (some alone and some with him), found quite a few friends/support I didn't think I had previously - particularly from acquaintances that showed unexpected support, still diving and having fun when I can..........

Thanks again for all your help and ideas and support! You all were very helpful to me making a decision that was right for me :)

Glad to hear about your update and also glad you've gone back to diving. That might be the best therapy you can have. Please keep in touch.

coralcuts:
I need more than just friendship. and this probably should be a new thread, sorry for interupting. just wanted a consensus. I want someione underwater as well as on land that can finish my sentences without use of slate and has a sac similar( but probably unrealistic) and same underwater goals. ah the dreamer in me.

CC,
I'm a dreamer too.
My short list:
1. Finish each others sentences
2. Make me laugh and giggle like I'm 16. (This really isnt' very hard to do. :D)
3. Similar sac and love of diving.
4. I can picture holding hands with when we're in our 80's.

1,2, and 4 are non-negotiable items, and definitely the tougher requirements. For number three, he can dive doubles to keep up when we dive together. Otherwise he had best be very understanding of my nitrogen needs. :dance:

pennypue:
CC,
I'm a dreamer too.
My short list:
1. Finish each others sentences
2. Make me laugh and giggle like I'm 16. (This really isnt' very hard to do. :D)
3. Similar sac and love of diving.
4. I can picture holding hands with when we're in our 80's.

1,2, and 4 are non-negotiable items, and definitely the tougher requirements. For number three, he can dive doubles to keep up when we dive together. Otherwise he had best be very understanding of my nitrogen needs. :dance:
It's a wonderful thing when you know what you want. Even better when you find it! Sometimes it takes a while, stick to your guns! :crafty:

Lil38:
It's a wonderful thing when you know what you want. Even better when you find it! Sometimes it takes a while, stick to your guns! :crafty:
I'll just keep hoping and searching.

coralcuts:
I'll just keep hoping and searching.
Always remember to never give up hope. Rule #1- 'Keep the faith.' As for searching.........(at the risk of sounding cliche -sp?) I've been told, more often than not, it happens when you aren't really looking for it. I have gal friends that "searched" and what happens is they look for reasons why this guy or that guy is 'right for them.' They get 'clingy' and when the guy backs off, (guys are like that- they get scared) it starts a chain reaction of events that basically boils down to 'we tend to want what we can't have.' This works both ways- guys want what they can't have too. Remember learning how it's best to be hard to get? (It's a guy thing, most of them like a challenge.) I would like to have a relationship that feels like it was meant to be- and I believe in the "if it was meant to be- it will happen" kind of thing. That can be a real test of patience (which is a virtue) Man, it's tough being a woman! At the risk of giving away any trade secrets here........ I'll shut up now :D

Back
Top Bottom