Am I Missing Out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Imorin,
I feel the same way, as does my wife. We dove Bari and others multiple times and always found different and interesting things - that was one of the reasons we debated going elsewhere - there is so much to see if you take the time. That, and I really enjoy learning the ins and outs of a location versus going once and never experiencing it. Even with Grand Cayman - we had done around 5-6 trips there before we decided to go to Bonaire. I’m looking at alternate locations and I guess a trip somewhere else will give us an indication at how and where we will dive going forward.

Thanks,

Gerry

You are certainly not missing out.

Having been to many different destinations over the years, my wife and I now rotate between Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, Little Cayman and Bonaire. There is a lot to be said for familiarity with a destination and all that implies. Given the restraints that the OP listed, Bonaire and CB meet their needs fully. Both have outstanding easy access shore diving, good infrastructure. Like the OP, when on Bonaire, we dive Bari reef at least once per day and usually at night as well. That dive site is hard to beat.

Yes, you are missing lots of dive experiences. Are you "missing out?" Not really given your list of preferences and limitations. You're doing exactly what you say you enjoy. If you choose to relax some of those restrictions, there are many other diving experiences awaiting you. If not, go have fun. :)

The tactic my wife and I used before buying a condo on Bonaire was to go numerous places.....
On the other hand, because we now do almost all our diving on Bonaire and have Bari Reef right out front of our condo, we have learned that every dive is different......

Hmmm.... We'll be staying at the Sand Dollar at the end of July. Don't know what unit yet as we are diving with a local dive club. Wouldn't that be cool to find out we're staying at your place! Or even better yet, to find out you'll be staying at your place and we could meet up for a dive or two or a drink or two!
You never know! :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom