am i suppose to clean the inner part of the housing by submerging it in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clkong

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

i submerge my dive case in fresh water with the latch open after a dive trip,

notice that water is trapped between the housing and the rubber area where it house the len, it just won't dry up even after few days

how can i dry it?
am i suppose to clean the inner part of the housing by submerging it in the water?

Regards,

i submerge my dive case in fresh water with the latch open after a dive trip
I've been warned that the 'waterproofness' of the outside doesn't necessarily extend to the inside. Particularly the 'button pushers' might rust. Please pardon my english
:)

I don't understand the need to wash the inside of the housing. It should be rinsed on the outside but why would the inside need cleaning in the first place. I would refrain from washing it on the inside in the future. At best you are accomplishing nothing and at the worst you are washing the lube off the control shafts and possibly leaving water in the housing that could get into the camera. Obviously the O rings need to be cleaned and lubed and the mating surfaces closely checked. If for some reason the inside or the mating surfaces need cleaning, a damp lint free cloth would be my choice.

Back
Top Bottom