Am I too old to get certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I buddied with a lady who was 86 a couple of years ago in the Bahamas! ....She was 84 when she certified. Her husband wouldn't dive with her.... apparently he said to her "you could die down there".... her reply was "I'm 86....I could bloody well die up here!!!"

I must admit I was a wee bit nervous she would pop her clogs on my watch.... but she was pretty sound.... the year before she had dove the Great Barrier Reef....

I buddied with a lady who was 86 a couple of years ago in the Bahamas! ....She was 84 when she certified. Her husband wouldn't dive with her.... apparently he said to her "you could die down there".... her reply was "I'm 86....I could bloody well die up here!!!"

I must admit I was a wee bit nervous she would pop her clogs on my watch.... but she was pretty sound.... the year before she had dove the Great Barrier Reef....

Wow! What a great inspiration!!

You all have been so kind and encouraging...thank you sooo much. I promise to check back in after I've picked my dive school and begun my journey to being properly trained.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom