Am I too old to take back up diving again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helixx

Registered
Reaction score
Am I to old to take back up diving again? I'm 56 and mountain bike daily 10 miles.
I have a scorching hot younger wife that is prodding me along with her GF's into diving again. I'm game that's for sure.
Before I get in to deep with this 57 foot Carver in Jupiter FL. I want to make sure I'm not just a has been trying to start all over again and end up at the bottom of the reef so to say.
Any polite responses would be appreciated.

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2014 at 09:50 AM ----------

Veronica just asked if there are any meetups or groups in the area 4 really pleasant people could go hang with as her GF's are single.

If you are medically cleared, why not? I dove with 70+ years old divers before. You can always adjust your style of diving to your abilities.

My dad dives at 72 and I have a good friend that started at 54. As long as you are in shape enough go for it.

Absolutely NOT....@ 62 YO, I'm enjoying it more than ever(for almost 30 years--ie since '85)......

I'm 58. I got my cert in 75 dove for a few years and then stopped for over 30 years due to school, money, location and a wife who won't even get her face wet. I started back in December of 2012 when my wife and I went to Hawaii on our 30th. Since then I have put in over 65 dives and have gotten my nitrox and advanced cert.

So, my take is, as long as your health permits NO you are not too old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

56 is not even close to too old. Take a refresher though if its been a while since you have been in the water.

As far as the smoking hot young wife and her friends....congrats brother, take photos on the boat. :perv:

I started back up at 55, hitting the gym regular but not like your 10 miles a day biking. Ask your doc, but yeah dive in. Just hit 100 dives on my 58th birthday.

Am I to old to take back up diving again? I'm 56 and mountain bike daily 10 miles.
I have a scorching hot younger wife that is prodding me along with her GF's into diving again. I'm game that's for sure.
Before I get in to deep with this 57 foot Carver in Jupiter FL. I want to make sure I'm not just a has been trying to start all over again and end up at the bottom of the reef so to say.
Any polite responses would be appreciated.
Seriously!. Or are you just trollin'. :D Started at age 50. Planning sidemount cave next year.

Got certified when I was 60. Am now 68 almost 69, 360 dives later, and still diving.

Question is not whether you are too old, question is if you enjoy the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom