The curious case of AI. Do you use a back up SPG while using AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought that OPV failure was for an over pressure event from the li ion battery offgassing so as to prevent thermal runaway?

I had one of those failures, I didn’t leak any bubbles , the transmitter flooded and quit working.

Was there another OPV failure I am not aware of?
Now that you mention it, I think you are correct.

I thought that OPV failure was for an over pressure event from the li ion battery offgassing so as to prevent thermal runaway?

I had one of those failures, I didn’t leak any bubbles , the transmitter flooded and quit working.

Was there another OPV failure I am not aware of?
I had a swift fail some time back. The OPV was leaking, but it continued to work. I asked about it on here at the time and someone said that it had happened to many others... I haven't seen anything about that, but maybe?

I had a swift fail some time back. The OPV was leaking, but it continued to work. I asked about it on here at the time and someone said that it had happened to many others... I haven't seen anything about that, but maybe?

Was it the small rubber ball that pushed out?
IMG_7542.jpeg

ETA: if it was the small rubber and the transmitter didn’t completely die after drying out, mcmaster has replacement balls you can replace them with. I’ll look up a part number

Was it the small rubber ball that pushed out? View attachment 818425

ETA: if it was the small rubber and the transmitter didn’t completely die after drying out, mcmaster has replacement balls you can replace them with. I’ll look up a part number
Tbh, I'm not sure. Shearwater replaced it no questions asked... Though I'm still interested in knowing the part number.

Tbh, I'm not sure. Shearwater replaced it no questions asked... Though I'm still interested in knowing the part number.

I plugged one using McMaster #1241T1. So far so good but do your own homework and don’t trust some guy on the internet.

This is like asking what is better Chevy of Ford. Everyone will have there own very strong opinions on the subject.
Everyone knows a Jeep is better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom