Am now a little worried about Utila trip please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes & No. )"

There is no "yes or no" to it. I said "I" would not be concerned so there is no way you can suggest that I feel any different. I am heading down next week for a month, If i was leaving this weekend the only concern i would have is I did not have time to pack.

Verdict is in and it looks like its time to hop on air SOSA and spend some time in the islands. Anything can change...anytime...anywhere. Ive read the reports and blogs coming out of Honduras, things are a little screwy (as you would expect) but it is not exactly Bosnia (or even Central Park). Maybe i'll get lucky and it will be a little less crowded on that first weekend in August but something tells me Sunjam will be just as packed. Anyway I dont leave for another 27 days, lets just hope that no Tyranosaurs come out of the jungle, or aliens dont come to take back there pyramid at Copan. I want to bake in the sun, drink beer, dive and come back so neutrally bouyant that i have to hold a breath just to get up the front steps to my house. I have officially taken a Calgon bath. Maybe ill catch ya there your last week RTB!
There will definitely be a trip report and updates to the board from Utila. I just wish someone would exile these last 27 days so I could be there tomorrow!

There is no "yes or no" to it. I said "I" would not be concerned so there is no way you can suggest that I feel any different. I am heading down next week for a month, If i was leaving this weekend the only concern i would have is I did not have time to pack.
Yeah, maybe I'm too much on fore warned is for armed" but I like to see both sides discussed. Not much to discuss on the possible negative tho; great. Ignoring insulting blabberings rather than attempting objective discussion is best I think, but even after taking a how bad could it be/get? view, the Islands do continue to sound like an exception to any problems on the mainland.

Now watch me get ridiculed for contradicting myself with an open mind.
Verdict is in and it looks like its time to hop on air SOSA and spend some time in the islands.
Sounds great. Have a great trip. :pilot:

And hope business remains good for you locals there. Nice place to visit and dive.

Last edited:
Uh, no it's not a military coup.

Pretty interesting Orwellian contortion.

Getting elected. Organizing referendums. Proposing constitutional amendments. These are the sorts of things that happen in a country that is experiencing democracy.

Kidnapping the president. Installing an unelected strongman. Suspending civil liberties. Censoring the media. These are the sorts of things that happen in a country that is experiencing a coup.

If it looks like a coup and acts like a coup, it must be a coup.

This thread is, obviously, a topic that deals with current conditions on the islands.

You have tried to ruin, then been booted-off of other similar threads.

Picture21-2.png

While I may agree with you agilulfo, this is the wrong thread to discuss that in detail. I apologize for posting about that earlier, even tho it was in response to a post saying otherwise.

thanks!

Thanks DandyDon. I was simply responding to someone else's post which, apparently for agreeing with the powers at be, went unchallenged.

RoatanMan, your bias in this matter has already been noted.

I just return with my family (three teenagers) from two weeks Utila. We traveled by ferry and land to go from San Pedro Sula to Ceiba and back. Other then worrying about roadblocks by protesters, curfews and airport closures, everything is pretty normal. On Utila nothing really seems affected except a few extra soldiers on the island (teenages with M-16's!)

The nice thing is that over 70% of the population supported throwing the bum out, and I didn't speak with even one Honduran who didn't support the coup. The protesters themselves, especially the organizers, were widely believed to be being paid by Chavez. Because the coup was so widely supported, everyone is pretty happy, and travel is not a big problem.

Hi

Thank you for putting this on as some people think that we are not telling the whole story here so we do not loose tourism, what you have put on is the truth, we see no difference here and people are leaving and arriving normally at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom