Amazing dive in Italy...but do I need a red filter for my GOPRO?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
About a month ago I went on a scuba dive at the Argentarola diving site. It's in Italy, and more precisely in Tuscany (close to the Argentario beaches).
The weather was amazing and the water very calm, it was the perfect occasion to make some footage with my new GOPRO HERO 5.
I'm happy of what I saw but the visibility was very low. And the main issue I had is that in this video, as you can see, the predominant color is green. Do you think that it's because the water was too polluted or because I need a red filter?

Yep, a red filter would help....did u forget your reg upon entry?

Find some editing software for your video, that can apply color correction. All that a red filter, or any filter, does, is to remove certain colors before they get to the lens. In post-production, you can apply the same "red filter" as a software function. I don't work with video, don't know what plug-ins you can get for that, but "color correction" and other filter plug-ins are on the market.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom