Ambergris Caye Diving Spreadsheet

How should this spreadsheet be edited?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jumblies

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I returned from a great week on AC recently and had compiled some data before and during the stay that I wanted to make available to everyone. Further, I am soliciting opinions on whether this data should be open to everyone to edit and update, or whether to update it selectively via editors.

Options:
1) Open to everyone. Real time updating, but would be vulnerable to commercial abuse.
2) Select editors. Slow updating but hopefully more verifiable and accountable data.

Here is the crude version of the spreadsheet I used when visiting. Peter and other members comments have been invaluable in selecting a shop, but this is intended as consolidation of pricing data.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pQIS8TYJ1fyzxt2EvRekqAQ

Last edited:
I don't really think this is a stupid idea......your looks leave something to be desired though....
No, in all seriousness, I think this is a great idea. This should prob be open only to selected editors. Otherwise, you run a risk of bad info being put into the sheet, or jokes, or competing charters, etc. I just feel that there will be more accurate info if everyone and his brother is not allowed to edit this.

Thanks for doing this. It looks to me that the prices are all very close.

Are these the only dive ops on the island, or just the big ones?

I am waiting for a reply to an email asking the folks at Xanadu (top rated on Trip Advisor, and within my budget) who they use for their dive packages. I am assuming that who the dive ops are would be a big part of which dive package to choose... :confused:

It doesn't really matter who an hotel chooses to use for diving or any other activities. It's usually based on commissions anyway. Any tour operator will service any hotel. I wouldn't choose a dive/hotel package anyway unless it's an exceptionally low price, as you'll find you can get at least as good a deal going direct to the tour operator.

Equally, take TripAdvisor with a large pinch of salt. It's unmoderated and too many posts are spoof, whether positive or negative.

Jumbles
Great spreadsheet, just a few items
1) lights are free for the night dive and night snorkel
2) we offer free usage of dive computers with any rental of BCD and REG
thanks for taking the time to do this spreadsheet

Don't forget Tuff E Nuff Tours. They are located at the Belizan Shores dock. I didn't dive with anybody else there (to be fair), but I wouldn't consider diving with anybody else after my experience with TEN. Billy's the man! I don't know what their prices are. Our diving was included with our accommodations, but they were reasonable from what I recall.

Jumbles
Great spreadsheet, just a few items
1) lights are free for the night dive and night snorkel
2) we offer free usage of dive computers with any rental of BCD and REG
thanks for taking the time to do this spreadsheet

Thanks for looking in. Duly noted. How much for it rented alone?

Don't forget Tuff E Nuff Tours. They are located at the Belizan Shores dock. I didn't dive with anybody else there (to be fair), but I wouldn't consider diving with anybody else after my experience with TEN. Billy's the man! I don't know what their prices are. Our diving was included with our accommodations, but they were reasonable from what I recall.

Since this is pricing data only and no embellishments, unless there is a price list or you can recall recent pricing that would be helpful to current travellers, it's hard to just put a name on the list.

I would add another collum for additional discount for multiple days diving

I would add another collum for additional discount for multiple days diving

Question please. Been going to Cozumel for many years. Will be in Ambergris in August. Will my cell phone work as well there as it does in Cozumel? Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom