ambergris caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lauried

Reaction score
We are going to ambergris caye in June. has anyone stayed at the Blue Tang Inn? we are diving with Hustler divers? has anyone dove with them? should we waste a day and do the blue hole. I have heard good and bad about it?

...of places to go and dive. Sorry I don't have any info about the hotel or dive operator. You might try Rodales web site and see if there is any mention of them there...

Keep us posted on what you find and what the costs are. Oh, and try a Belican beer for me...!

Have a good trip!

We stayed there when it was Rock's Inn (I believe it is the same place), and it was a nice hotel with one exception. It was very windy when we were there, and all of the rooms had gas stoves in them. We had our windows open to get airflow, and most of the people in our group did the same...well it blew out the pilot lights on the stoves, and slowly filled all our rooms with gas fumes. We all couldnt figure out why we all had headaches and were feeling sick to our stomachs whenever we stayed in the room very long. Once we figured it out, we shut off the gas to the stove and were fine. I believe they have upgraded some since then, but it might be something to think about if it is windy.

As for Blue Hole, we chose the Turneffe trip instead. I was told that the Blue Hole makes a nice oddity to check off on your list, but for visual stimulation, its kinda humdrum. Turneffe was by far the best diving we did while in Belize, and if I ever go back, it will be to stay at Turneffe Lodge or Manta Resort on Glover's Atoll. The trip to Turneffe and the trip to Blue Hole are roughly the same distance and are both all day trips, so if you have the choice, I would do Turneffe.

Good Luck and let me know if you need more information.

AggieDiver

I did not stay there, but I walked around the place when I was down there three weeks ago. It has a convenient location, right in town and on the beach.

Try the Reef and Ambergris Delight for good cheap eats.

Back
Top Bottom