Ambon - Dive into Ambon / Natsepa Resort trip report jan-feb 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figured those not taking pictures would get their own guides? Take all the pictures you want, I just don't want to stare at the same patch of reef while you set up the shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great trip report! Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing!Kaj is indeed a great guy! We dove with him at KBR in Lembeh!

I figured those not taking pictures would get their own guides? Take all the pictures you want, I just don't want to stare at the same patch of reef while you set up the shot! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you went as a single or couple or group who aren't doing photos you will almost certainly ku have a separate guide so yes you can go off and do what u fancy! The owners are extremely amenable and friendly so any requests you can ask. But I don't think k that would be a problem!

Curiosity, you say DIA work with guides from Manado and RajaAmpat and also mention a guide named Fadly, isn't he the one who's from Manado and worked in Raja Ampat?
Seems he was my guide in Raja Ampat Dive Lodge, very nice folk!

If you went as a single or couple or group who aren't doing photos you will almost certainly ku have a separate guide so yes you can go off and do what u fancy! The owners are extremely amenable and friendly so any requests you can ask. But I don't think k that would be a problem!

That's what I thought too. I did email with a whole list of questions to the gmail account listed here but have not heard back yet.

Anyone go over the Christmas/NewYrs weeks? Stuck on those dates until junior is finished school or old enough not to want to hang around with mom and dad...not that I imagine he'd pass up a dive trip to the pacific to stay in the great white (FREEZING) smiley_freezing.gifnorth...lol

Mikeycanuk I don't know anyone who has been during that time but the owners told me that so far their best time was end of October into November in terms of critter action, but between oct-April it's all pretty good.

Luko yes Fadley is from manado and works at DiA, but previously was at raja ampat dive lodge which he speaks very highly of....blue rings at the jetty, as well as satomis sounds impressive! He was a lovely chap who actually was quite funny and made me laugh a lot! Good spotter as well.

Luko yes Fadley is from manado and works at DiA, but previously was at raja ampat dive lodge which he speaks very highly of....blue rings at the jetty,
Yes, that is indeed funny I was buddying with him when I spotted the first BRO I had ever seen and that was at the RADL jetty!

Yes, that is indeed funny I was buddying with him when I spotted the first BRO I had ever seen and that was at the RADL jetty!

It's a small world indeed! Btw did you enjoy raja ampat dive lodge and if you had to choose between raja and Ambon which one would you go for?

It's a small world indeed! Btw did you enjoy raja ampat dive lodge and if you had to choose between raja and Ambon which one would you go for?
Raja Ampat is unique, RADL makes it very special because for some odd reason I think they completely missed the "sales communication part", hence the resort is sometimes completely empty while the boats from the other resorts are fully loaded with divers. Therefore I had 2 dive guides for myself when I stayed there (Fadly and Gustin, both from Manado) while I also spent some time discussing soccer with Chris from Flores island who had no customer in charge.
I have been confirmed from some friends I sent to RADL they were in the same situation : no one else at the resort for a full week and Gustin for themselves while Fadly had already left.
Raja Ampat is I think much more varied diving than anywhere else, there is more macro than what is usually reported from the liveaboards (I guess Fadly might have told you about). "The Passage" is an incredible dive experience like a river flowing through a jungle, I have not seen more fish anywhere else than in Dampier straits and what is unbelievable for all the photogs, is that all critters can be approached closer.

I have been diving Ambon 3 times already and Raja Ampat only once. i would preferably go back to R4 now but since it's very easy to combine both, I'd state one week in Ambon+one week in R4 is the king's choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom