Ambulance and Fire Truck at Pebble Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd hate to be that dive operator. 2 of your 11 divers get into separate incidents on the same dive, one resulting in death and the other an ambulance ride? Hope they have good insurance. Prayers go out to the families.

I'm curious, does anyone on this board knows if the coast guard or the fire department boat that departed from the breakwater to responded to this incident was the first on the scene? I was at the breakwater when the boats left the dock and overheard an interesting conversation between a few uniformed individuals. The conversation left me to believe that there may have been first responders closer to the accident site than the breakwater responders were. It didn't seem to make sence to them that the breakwater crew was disbatched to the scene. I'm not familiar with the accident site, does anyone know if there are first responders docked/stationed closer to this dive site? I'm sure that all who responded did their very best to get to the site in a timely manner. I'm sure they did all they could to save this mans life as well as morn the loss of his life. I also think if bad decision were made they need to be brought up. Their were a few other things about their conversation that did not sit right with me but I'll leave it at that for now.

Monterey Fire, Carmel Highlands Fire, State Lifeguards, and Pt. Lobos Rangers could have responded by road faster than boats could get there from the breakwater.

There are a couple of small inflatables at Pt. Lobos.

Back
Top Bottom