American Airlines Monopoly on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer. I got RT to Cozumel from Boston on AA for $428, connecting through Miami on the way down and DFW on the way back. Booked in January for an August trip. Maybe because I purchased so far in advance? Or because I chose the cheapest day of the week to fly (Wednesday)?

Bummer. I got RT to Cozumel from Boston on AA for $428, connecting through Miami on the way down and DFW on the way back. Booked in January for an August trip. Maybe because I purchased so far in advance? Or because I chose the cheapest day of the week to fly (Wednesday)?
Wow !!!

Plenty pricey to fly LAX-CZM on Southwest. Learned the hard way not to go through DEN (does 12/24/22 ring any bells?)

The connection via HOU is more reliable. Two trips that way have gone well, other than horrid departure and arrival times in L.A.

Many years since I’ve flown UA or AA - so no “status” or upgrades for me. Everything seems to be a la carte. Bags, seat selection, etc.

Agree, would try never to do the bag drag. As an experienced visitor to Mexico, I try to minimize transfers and other potential points of hassle or failure.

Maybe because I purchased so far in advance? Or because I chose the cheapest day of the week to fly (Wednesday)?
It was simply because you picked the lowest choice at the time I think, and you fit the airline's objective. BOS-CZM RT is showing RT for $381 on eight August date pairs at the moment. From Lubbock, the lowest in August is $481 for some date pairs. For DFW, there is one date pair in August for $453, but no one would take it with stops in Atlanta and Mexico City each way. :eek:

Sometimes it sucks if your only flight option is from a major airline hub city. You could be like me and always have to make a connection and live 3+ hours from the nearest airport. I also live on a beautiful river with lousy local healthcare. You take the good with the bad... :clearmask:🫤
Headed to Coz next week. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

5/14 - 5/21 nonstop RT AA DFW - CZM basic econ $449 book it today

unfortunately, with the way things work in my life I have to opt up for the "main"

Now, if I was single, the basic economy would work

I did look at fares with southwest airlines - with a stop @ HOU you can get there for $568 and they allow 2 checked bags each for free.

So that is an option.

1713534790025.png

I live in NY. We don’t have any nonstops to Cozumel with any carriers. Have to layover in Atlanta. Down not bad. Back is 4.5 hour layover. Luckily, it’ll be around dinner time, so that should kill some time.

I live in NY. We don’t have any nonstops to Cozumel with any carriers. Have to layover in Atlanta. Down not bad. Back is 4.5 hour layover. Luckily, it’ll be around dinner time, so that should kill some time.

If I was you, i'd try to make my layover in MIA so I could eat Cuban food @ La Careta - its just like my mom and grandma made :heart:

No more Delta ATL-CZM.
I tried Delta again for my May trip after they supposedly came back last fall. They jerked my already purchased flights around all over the place finally changing my return from CZM to CUN. They wouldn’t work with me even though I was willing to move my dates and originating airport after I found flights that would work for me. I finally cancelled and rebooked with United. Too bad…I liked Delta through ATL in the past, but I’m just fine with United through IAH.

If I was you, i'd try to make my layover in MIA so I could eat Cuban food @ La Careta - its just like my mom and grandma made :heart:
Wish I had that info before I got my tickets. Been a long time since I’ve had good Cuban food. Had a friend who dated a girl from Cuba and I made excuses to find myself in the neighborhood around dinner time more than once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom