For Sale AMF Swimmaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracy

Tech Instructor / Charter Captain
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
AMF Swimmaster regulator set.
I have no idea what first stage this is but I took it apart, cleaned everything and got it functioning correctly. I don't believe it was ever used, it definitely has never seen saltwater. It is in very good condition.
Breathes great, solid IP, and has no leaks.
$100 shipped in the CONUS
Can include tank top display for additional shipping.

1701835054295.jpeg

1701835062641.jpeg

1701835071547.jpeg

Nice MR12-II. The first stage is an MR12. It went through several iterations between the original Voit and final Mares versions, but they all had the same name. I guess you could call this one the "the MR12 that came with the Swimaster MR12-II."

1000005467.png

It's more notable for being the first second stage to feature a bypass tube. This has become a hallmark of Mares second stages.

Nice MR12-II. The first stage is an MR12. It went through several iterations between the original Voit and final Mares versions, but they all had the same name. I guess you could call this one the "the MR12 that came with the Swimaster MR12-II."
Wouldn't you like to have this particular one? Think of the prestige that will accompany ownership of this beautiful regulator set?

I am trying to empty out a box I found under my basement stairs.

No thanks. I need to be able to pretend to myself that I might have a use for a reg before I buy it.

Even my beat to heck $25 MR22 (Abyss) first stage serves as an exceptional paper weight.

my buddy was still using that second as his primary regulator this year. The brass retainer ring on the outside of the second stage snaps on those quite often. Had two break in the last few years, be careful, never seen that happen on a Dacor reg.

my buddy was still using that second as his primary regulator this year. The brass retainer ring on the outside of the second stage snaps on those quite often. Had two break in the last few years, be careful, never seen that happen on a Dacor reg.
Weird. That should not be a heavily stressed part. I wonder if something is out of round on his stage.

The good news is that Mares continued to use this part on the various versions of the Abyss, so you can still get it. Search for "Mares Abyss clamp ring". The current part number is 46185073. Or 46200896 if you want it in black.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom