AMF VOIT mask more info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BNow0707

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was wondering if any of you more experienced divers could give me more info on this mask. I listed it on ebay but I dont know much about it and I'd like to go back and edit in more info if possible. Thanks

1000116i.jpg

1000120n.jpg

1000118f.jpg

It's vintage, that's for sure. I'd guess late 1950s to mid 1960s.

I agree that it's vintage, i.e. pre-1975. Perhaps a collector of Voit catalogues will able to date the mask more accurately. There are illustrations of vintage Voit masks online, e.g. at

Vintage Scuba Online. Sea Hunt, Voit, Healthways, Sportsway, Aqua Lung and More!
Skin Diving History - Voit - Mfg & Retailers

but sadly most documentation of this kind isn't dated, making it difficult to pin down basic items of gear to a particular year, or even a particular decade. Some of the best vintage masks have top screws, which this model doesn't have, but my online searches appear to indicate that orange rubber-skirted masks are no longer in production anywhere in the world, so there's a rarity value.

It was found in Voit catalogs as early as 1972. The same basic mask could be found in two versions incorporating a purge valve. Those two models were blue in color.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom