Amoray lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagrrl06

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are going to Key Largo next month. I have lodging already made at Amy Slate's Amoray resort. We are considering going ahead and diving with them since it would be so convenient.

However just had a friend who recently returned and Island Ventures was highly recommended. Would require us loading up gear and driving over there every day.

Anyone been to Amoray recently? All the posts I've seen are from last year etc. Any advice?

I've never been, BUT I am all about convience... especially on a trip. I'd try diving with them, at least for one day. Then if it's not for you, load up and find another op.

I just stayed at Amy's over labor day weekend. Had a great time. They have a great dive crew. It was nice to get up and get on the boat. Very relaxing atomospere at the resort.

I just stayed at Amy's over labor day weekend. Had a great time. They have a great dive crew. It was nice to get up and get on the boat. Very relaxing atomospere at the resort.

Did they use the small boat or was it a big cattle boat?

scubagrrl06:
We are going to Key Largo next month. I have lodging already made at Amy Slate's Amoray resort. We are considering going ahead and diving with them since it would be so convenient.

However just had a friend who recently returned and Island Ventures was highly recommended. Would require us loading up gear and driving over there every day.

Anyone been to Amoray recently? All the posts I've seen are from last year etc. Any advice?

A lot of places will invite you to leave your gear with them overnight, even if you aren't diving the next day. We just stayed at Ocean Pointe condos and dived at Conch Republic, left most of our stuff there and it was safe and dry the next morning. Most of us took our computers and regs and cameras back to the room, it's just a matter of your comfort level with letting your own gear out of sight.

From what I could tell by seeing them on the water, they are a cattle boat. But that doesn't matter as much in the Keys as it might in Cozumel because the reefs are pretty close to shore and the DMs don't babysit.

scubagrrl06:
Did they use the small boat or was it a big cattle boat?
They used a cattle boat. They have a small boat but it is not running right now.

Divers City is a good place and Bob / Barbara will let you store gear overnight. Wonderful service and very safety conscious too.

i stayed with them in june and did a few days of diving - Speigel, a few other wrecks and some night diving. good crew, friendly and knowledgeable. Accomadations are fine, nothing spectacular but clean and adequate. only down side is that they are on the bay side so the trip out is a bit long as compared to ocean divers so whaen we showed up to the SG we had to wait until someone else left one of the mooring bouys

Thanks everyone for your input. There are so many well recommended dive outfits out there that it's hard to make a choice!

I only have good things to say about Any's operation and recommend them often. The only drawback is that they will not fill any tanks but there own. If you want to use your own tanks you have to take them to another shop for fills.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom