Amoray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awd-turbo

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys, the hotel we were going to stay with pretty much said we cant have 6 adults in a 6 bed suit... we had to have children!! so we said good bye.. my brother and I found a place called amoray which seems cool! does anyone know about them.. i think we are going to book our feb trip today with them... please let me know about your dealings with them! thanks guys

Good choice. Pixie and I have stay/dive with them many times. The rooms are really cool and I believe they also have some big party suites that will fit your situation. The boats are right on the property, a minute walk from your room. They offer morning nosh before dives and are located close to all the other things to do in Key Largo. Have a great time and post your trip report here please.

awd-turbo,

I just stayed with Amoray last weekend and I highly recommend them (trip report forthcoming). Every member of the staff went out of their way to accomodate our needs. Their pontoon boat was down on our first day and they had already made arrangements with another op to take us out, so we had no delay. I had some problems with my equipment and had to cancel one of our dives and they were gracious enough to give us a voucher to use on our next stay, even though we only cancelled the night before. They even called other ops to see if they could resolve my problem.

I had a lot of questions before the trip and they answered all of them promptly through email and phone calls.

The rooms are clean and the grounds are immaculate. If you search SB, you'll find that they had some issues awhile ago, but they seem to have been resolved. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Keith

so would i look funny diving dry down there???????:rofl3:

Dove with Horizon Divers when Amoray's boat was down. One of the crew (Andy?) dove in a dry suit with Chuck Taylor All Stars tennis shoes!

Dove with Horizon Divers when Amoray's boat was down. One of the crew (Andy?) dove in a dry suit with Chuck Taylor All Stars tennis shoes!

Chucks and a dry suit. Now that's stylin'.

it is actually a cheap way instead of buying rock boots that cost $$50-60.. and as billinwilliamston said yes that is styling lol

Do a search - this operator gets really "mixed" messages on this board.

There was a fairly recent thread about them.

I have nothing terrible to say about them however they would not be my firt choice to stay or dive with.

2 operators I would recommend you consider are HMS Minnow and Conch Republic - both can help w lodging.

Again, the search key is your best option - then you can make your choice.

Jupiter31 has a valid point. Apparently they had a change in staff about 2 years ago to solve their problems. Most negative posts were quite some time ago (2007). They are aware of the negative comments and seem to be working hard to correct the issues.

Just thougt d add my 2 cents. Never used them, but have used It's a Dive at the Marriott in Key Largo. Enjoyed the trips on both their pontoon, and 6 pack to the Spiegel.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom