Amoray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awd-turbo

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
ok guys. I had gotten a lot of information from you guys before i went diving in key largo. Some people said amoray was bad in the past, some said they have been awsome and that they changed their staff.. it was a little over 330 for the whole weekend per person. thats 3 nights stay, and 2 days of diving... my brother and i paid for it all, so it was a little more total, but i believe it broke down to that figure.Well i spent the past weekend with those guys. And let me say, they ran a very smooth operation. I showed up friday night around 730, checked in, got some food at the "Big Chill" that they recommended. Food was good, not cheap cheap if you are on a tight budget, as my gf and i were, but my parents picked up the check :wink: haha... woke up sat morning, loaded all of our gear, tanks were already on the boat and had been check for air.. the crew was awsome and very helpful. It was my gf first ocean dive so she was a bit nervous.. they helped her out just explaining the best way things should be done. I hit the water first! waited on my gf then we sank down together. There was no dive master in the water, which is ok, i am a dive master, so finding my way back was easy... the second dive was on the same reef just on the north side, instead of the south side. we were back at shore by 1230, my gf and i were always the last out of the water, and our dives last 56 - 58 min.. they do have an hour limit...just fyi.... the second day went about the same. they are very prompt when leaving by the way. they say they leave at 830 and i dont think we ever left the dock later then 832... so be on time... the second day we saw a wreck, then it was back to the reef from the first day. dont get me wrong reefs are cool, they had some very cool swim throughs out there, but i wanted something new to see the second day. all in all i would def recommend Amoray for a diving resort. the end price was not bad at all.. .. the rooms were set up a little wierd. 2 queens upstairs and 4 beds down stairs. the two queens are in one large room, and the 4 beds downstairs are in the living room as you walk into the suit. so it would have been wierd to sleep with my gf in a queen next to my parents, and same for my brother and his gf... and we didnt want to put the parents on the twin beds downstairs, cause well lets face it they are getting a little old, and need something a little nicer to sleep on.. so it ended up with my parents having the whole upstairs and my brother and i and out gf downstairs.. they have a wonderful beach where you can sit and enjoy the sun and water(not really a beach, but sand, and it over looks the water in the bay area.. they have grills if you wish to grill out one night. House keeping was very nice and wonderful.

P.S. i was not looked at to funny for diving dry the whole time:rofl3:

Last edited:
Well, it is nice to hear that they may have cleaned up thier act then. Sounds like the rooms are about the same though, just with a better housekeeping staff. I would still like to buy that place!!

thnx for the report

Thanks for posting the report - this place gets "mixed" reports; glad your experience was positive.

PS Just a gentle reminder - Paragraphs make the post MUCH easier to read!

Thnks for the report. Its a great piece of property isnt it? The views over the bay are fantastic. Amy and Justin run a good operation, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to run a hotel and dive shop combined and keep everyone happy.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom