Amphibico Closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottydawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know what is going on with the Amphibico offices? All voicemail boxes are full, emails are not being responded to and a Google search shows their website has been compromised by an online pharmacy. It would be a shame to lose this company resource for underwater equipment. JC has been a heck of a stand up guy in all my contact with him and I hope they are just on vacation. :idk:

[-]They are - on vacation. Till about now IIRC. There's a thread about it either here or on Wetpixel.[/-]See post below

Last edited:
Steve I hate to report this but you are incorrect. I have sad but confirmed news, Amphibico has ceased operations at this time and is for sale or looking for an investor.

That bites bigtime! I like their products very much. They were also very easy to deal with too back when. I do hope they find a investor who can resurrect their operations.

:(

X

I ordered a housing from Submerge Camera in April for their version of the "Turtle" housing and was told by their employee that he talked with the owner Sunday night and they are shipping his order out this week. I just emailed Submerge to see what my options are since I am now concerned about future services and repairs. Seems like such a big company to just shut down so quickly, hopefully some one will buy them and continue on if that is what is happening.

Becky it is encouraging that Submerge spoke with the owner of Ampibico, keep us posted on what happens.

Just got off the phone with Submerge Camera and he was notified by Amphibico that his order will be going out on Friday. I had ordered my housing with Submerge since it has a custom version of the Turtle in a grey color that comes with soft controls and the left handle for the same price. He was also told that there are new owners lined up. Was also told that Submerge will be a official repair and service center for the states. So if this is all on the up and up, I should have my new housing by the end of next week.

Hey Becky did your Amphibico arrive as promised?

Scotty,
No it has not, but TJ at Submerge has been keeping in touch. We decided to not wait any longer and now he is checking into getting the Patima Smart 3 housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom