Amphibico Closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know you snorkel, did you know the Patima is really heavy? 10lbs. dry + camera/battery + remote + 8AA batteries for the monitor. Someone here bought a Patima 1 and commented that it was really negative. IDK if that's the same with the Smart 3 but it looks like the same housing - built like a tank. (not that I should talk, my EVO is a stone..)

There's new Turtles on eBay at $1195. No flip/mic. For almost any recent Sony camera But the listings are from Mozaik and when you go to their website it shows unavailable so they might not have cancelled their auctions yet. Or they have a few left.

Last edited:
Yesterday I heard a rumor that their bank may have called their loans in. In Canada you would have wanted to apply for bankrupcy protection under CCAA. Not sure that information would be publically available and if so where. This would correspond to the earlier note that they ceased operations.

Diver Steve, I heard about the weight problem but I was told thay they are now sending a bladder that you inflate and attach to the handles. After you enter the water you can squeeze the bag to release some air if you need to adjust the buoyancy. Someone posted a video on youtube of this bladder but they were using it in a swimming pool. If it gets to heavy, I'll just make the husband shoot with it and I'll take the gopro. LOL

Hi Everyone, just want to let you know that Aquatica has finalized the detail of the acquisition of Amphico yesterday, in other words, the company will be back on track shortly.

Here is the press release, for more info, you can contact info@aquatica.ca

104522d1317298621-urgent-help-camera-choice-aquatica_amph-release_v1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom