Amphibico VH-1000 video housing and Sony DCR-VX2100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

valcha:
I am planing to move from underwater photo to video. :)

Is Sony DCR-VX2100 good to film underwater and capture studio quality movies?
Does Sony DCR-VX2100 comcorder fit in Amphibico VH-1000 video housing?

Thanks.

I use the Amphibico VH1000 housing. To the best of my understanding, the only cam that fits, physically and electronically, is the Sony VX1000 cam. Obviously, this cam, as great a performer that it is, is no longer manufactured. I called Amphibico a few years ago about switching to a more updated sony like the VX2000 or 2100 and they said that the electronics are different and I would have to get a new housing that is compatible. bummer! As a result, I use the VX1000 strictly for UW shoots and have had it in for repairs and refurbishing to keep it running. A couple of hundred to keep it running is better than a 3 to 5K investment in another system. But alas, I know that eventually I will have to make the move. If you learn anything different, let me know. My VH1000 is in for refurbishing as I write this. I have a major trip to Palau and Yap coming up in March and will use this system to capture all the great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom