An airline question, sort of...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F106A

Contributor
Reaction score
NJ, GSP Exit 36 (24,000' from the Atlantic)
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, here’s the deal. I have this trip booked on Spirit airline for October. ACY to MCO (Atlantic City - Orlando, R/T). Booked the trip on 7/3. Got flights 127/381 through FLL and returning on flight 262 direct.
On 7/13 I got the standard Spirit “Your travel plans have changed” email. (I’ve gotten LOTS of these in the past.) They changed my flights to 127/134. (Both direct to/from MCO.) That’s good with Fred.
Then, on 7/28, I got the standard Spirit “Your travel plans have changed” email. (Did I mention I’ve gotten LOTS of these in the past?) Now I’m on 311/138. 311 is OK. 138 not so OK. So I called and, at my request, they changed 138 to 304, much better times for my itinerary. And assured my that the seats I’d previously selected were transferred to the “new’ itinerary. (They weren’t.)
Then, today, 8/4. I get the ubiquitous “Your travel plans have changed” email. But now they’re calling it “IMPORTANT TRAVEL UPDATE.” I think that’s a much more appropriate phrase. I mean, while “Your travel plans have changed” is kind of accurate, maybe not as accurate as “We’ve screwed up all your arrangements again” but -- well -- you get my drift. And this email suggests I check my ressie using my Reservation Locator. Good idea. So I do. And my R.L. still shows the 7/28 itinerary. So I called “Spirit” (excellent connection considering the many tens of thousands of miles the connection must have gone through) and asked what me “real” ressie was. Rahmoud said they were what I’d seen when checking with my RL. "But what about that email?", I asked with great concern. He said, "Your RESSIE locator SHOWS the SAME info AS the 7/28 EMAIL." (I'm trying to convey the actual pitch of the conversation.) He was confused. I was confused. We were all confused. So I asked to speak with a supervisor. He said the supervisor wouldn’t know any more than he did. (I believed him; everyone was, apparently, "confused" ; I'm being kind here.) I thanked him for his “help” and hung up. Then called again.
Achmed answered. Without going into detail I got the same responses from him. Et cetera.
Well, I suspect the challenge isn’t over yet. Many more chapters remain. I digress.
Now, my questions is this: by the time I actually fly the flight in mid-to-late October, will I be more proficient in Parsi or Sanskrit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom