An eel attacking me. (Video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I could tell from the very shaky video, that was no attack at all. Morays frequently will come out of their holes to check divers out. I've had this happen numerous times in lots of places. Unless you stick your hand out so that it looks like food, you're quite safe, especially if you keep your cam between yourself and the eel.
Keep your cool and hold that cam steady and you might get some footage worth seeing.
Steve:14:

but by the way she was pushing away the other fishes, she looked very angry. I was very scared.
I will remember this advice, thank you.

It seems that this problem is only for you and Hemlon. I don't know why. If anyone can help us, please do.
Just upload it to YouTube. Seems that some people do not have Quicktime installed on their machine. On YouTube everyone can watch and the link will work.
BTW I totally agree with sharksdelight - to me this does not look like an attack at all. Just a curious moray - they have very poor eyesight - that wanted to take a look. No knife necessary, for God's sake! I am also quite sure that you were not too fast - the moray was just not interested enough: a human could not out-swim a serious moray eel.

Here is a short video of the mantas of Kona and a very curious eel that took a liking to my lovely bride!

Back
Top Bottom