Anchor pulley system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Nizz

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I amm attempting to install a pully system for my kayak. Do you use stainless steel pop rivets? What type of eyes do you use for the line to pass through? Do you terminate the pulleys at each end of the kayak? Looking for a little support.(maybe Moteman can help):eyebrow:

Nizzy:

The pulley system I use for anchor line retreival has one pulley @the bow, plastic eyes on both ends, and the aft pulley has a short piece of shock cord between it and the aft eye to keep tension on everything. I used the aluminium pop rivets with a liberal amount of silicone sealant. It is also a good idea to use a couple of the plastic eyes as guides for the topside of the system (keeps the line from becoming wrapped/tangled). Unless you plan to use a drift anchor aft, you don't need the aft pulley to terminate on the stern. Mine terminates just aft of the seat.

do a youtube search for kayak rigging anchor. there is a detail video showing how to rig an anchor trolly. I did a similar thing and it works great!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom