Ancient Mariner Sunday 11/12/06 @ 1p

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaguy62

Son of Yemaya
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
A few of my buddies from my other dive group and I are diving with South Florida Dvng Hq. this Sunday at 1p. The dive is to The Ancient Mariner, followed by a shallow reef, and the boat departs from the Hillsborough Inlet. It's a 12:30 show, for a 1p go. There are currently 12 spots left on the boat. If you're interested (we need only 2 more to get a group rate), call So. Fla. Dvng and add yourself to the group, which is under my buddy's name, Mike Ludwig, or call me @ 954-593-6731 and let me know.

The Ancient Mariner is an easy penetrable wreck and a great dive alltogether, and while the boat may be a bit crowded, the guys at So. Fla. Dvng. Hq., are fun to dive with.

See you there!!!

Well folks, the dives were great, and the boat, not very crowded.

Seas were 2 feet or less, and water temp 78F on both dives. Vis at the Ancient Mariner was about 50' with no current, and on the second dive, which was at a reef called lighthouse ledge, was about 50 - 60'. The second dive was supposed to be a drift dive, but since there was almost no current, so we just swam north.

We had some friendly interaction with a 5' stingray at the Ancient Mariner, and my buddy Mike took some nice photos of it. She just hung around and would not leave. had to cut the second dive short because one of the divers in our group had a malfunction on her octo which deprived her of about 800 psi due to free flow, but otherwise it was a great dive as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom