Andaman And Nicobar Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thai Manatee

Reaction score
Hello all!!!!!

I am a seasoned diver in the andaman sea, having spent over 6 months diving the silmilans. However, as my fins get bigger, i feel compelled to go further.

Could anyone tell me more about what to expect in the andaman and nicobar islands? i have been looking but have not found any convincing evidence on the net. if you have first hand experience or any good links please post them!!!!!!!I"M GOING NUTS LOOKING.

A nice big photo gallery would be spectacular, havent found any decent ones yet though!

dragonbreath288:
Hello all!!!!!

I am a seasoned diver in the andaman sea, having spent over 6 months diving the silmilans. However, as my fins get bigger, i feel compelled to go further.

Could anyone tell me more about what to expect in the andaman and nicobar islands? i have been looking but have not found any convincing evidence on the net. if you have first hand experience or any good links please post them!!!!!!!I"M GOING NUTS LOOKING.

A nice big photo gallery would be spectacular, havent found any decent ones yet though!

I snorkeled in the Andamans in 1999 (Havelock Island) and it was spectacular. I only have experience of the Caribbean but the sea life was far better than Cozumel and the Turks & Caicos; more fishies, rich sea life. It helps that there are relatively few divers there. The accomodations were rudimentary although things might have changed since I went. It was also inexpensive. Sorry, no photos!

dragonbreath288:
Hello all!!!!!

The Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section has a forum dedicated to Asia. I have taken the liberty of moving your post here in hopes it will get a wider response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

we book the dive trip to andaman island next feb. via office in bangkok of barefoot, http://www.barefootindia.com. they have charter flight weekly between Jan. to May. 2005. from bangkok to port blair.

more diving information about andaman islands and nicobar from bareboot's website.
http://www.barefootindia.com/contents/fe/Cont.aspx?Id=Scuba_Diving-Dive_Andamans.aspx

also check Samudra. the instructor Manavi have dive around andaman islands and nicobar for more than 15 years.

http://www.diveandaman.com/

I am going on a liveaboard trip to Andaman Island during New Year period. Don't have a lot of information myself but I was told to expect lots and lots of fish, significantly bigger than what I would see at the Similans. Viz is similar, much much less crowded. However I was told to do a liveaboard rather than land base diving as all the good sites are quite a way away and pretty much only accessible via live aboard. This year for the first time, the Indian Government has given permissions to many Thai live aboard boats to go there so you can get on the boat from Phuket and it takes about 1.5 days to go there. A bit long way to travel there but then you can dive until you are ready to come back to Thailand :) . I was also told that there wil be plenty of opportunity for both wide angle and macro photography as well.

There is also an option of a Thai liveaboards that will be based at the Andamans in February, so you would fly out and take a liveaboard from the islands themselves.

MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL. Been a great help, will probably spend over two weeks there, will definitely keep you all updated with the experience. But if yo have any pictures please dont hold them back!!!!!!
dragonbreath288

stevenl:
There is also an option of a Thai liveaboards that will be based at the Andamans in February, so you would fly out and take a liveaboard from the islands themselves.

Steven Could you let me have details of the liveaboard that will be in the Andamans plase? I live in India and would love to do a liveaboard in that area.

Thanks

Nikhil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom