Andrea Coyle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Please post condolences for this recent tragedy here.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Before I go any further, I'd like to say that My thoughts go out to the family and friends in this time of loss for them and would like to ask anyone reading this thread to take a moment to think about the impact to them and anyone associated with them that may read this thread.

My family will be rememberING and praying for her family as well. As well as the divers that were with her.

"Scuba diver's death under investigation
From staff reports • October 21, 2008

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a woman who died while scuba diving over the weekend.

Andrea Coyle, 61, of Pensacola was taken by helicopter to Gulf Breeze Hospital, where she was pronounced dead, Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Scott Haines said.

Coyle was scuba diving at Navarre pier when her diving buddy made it to shore but couldn't find Coyle, Haines said. Coyle was later found in the surf.

Coyle's cause of death was not available Monday evening." /End Quote

My thoughts go out to the family of this diver that is now lost to us.

Andrea's Memorial service was held Saturday at Little Flower Catholic Church in Pensacola, where there was a huge turnout which I feel speaks volumes to the type of person she was. My thoughts go out to the friends and family.

A few years ago when my husband and I were more active local divers, we spent many weekends diving with Andi and other members of the Barracuda Dive Club. We went to Cozumel in the same group a couple of times, were buddies from time to time, and spent many hours of surface interval together (some riding in vans/taxis/buses in the Mexican countryside). It was a shock to hear of her death. She was a competent active diver who loved the sport. We will miss her! I am praying for the repose of her soul and for her family and friends.

Susan and Reid McBride

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom