Anilao housereef ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Immeriswas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, after over 10 years diving in Indonesia we would like to give Anilao a try, being a great lover of nudibranches.
My wife strictly does only two dives a day and therefore we looking for a place with a housereef . Bucceo, which sounds otherwise very good unfortunatly has no housereef .
Any recommandations?

Hello, after over 10 years diving in Indonesia we would like to give Anilao a try, being a great lover of nudibranches.
My wife strictly does only two dives a day and therefore we looking for a place with a housereef . Bucceo, which sounds otherwise very good unfortunatly has no housereef .
Any recommandations?
Buceo does have a house reef. It is a macro site but it can vary in quality, sometimes it is a critter powerhousewith loads of macro subjects, other times it's not so good and varies. I saw my first Halemeda Ghost Pipe pair there on the housereef after many trips all over Indonesia and the Philippines. The guides thought I was silly when I was all excited and dancing underwater, they were talking amongst themselves and laughing so I told them it would be like if they saw a Manta Ray on one of their dive sites.
At Buceo I belive you can just book two dives a day. Many of the sites are in close range to the resort with most in 30 minutes or less. If you are looking for specific creatures they will know what site they have been seen on or check with other guides.

Crystal Blue Resort has house reef too, but for some reason (?$) you have to dive it from a banka :(

Do their boats return to the resort after every dive?
It depends for the morning dives on which dive sites to go and if there are people who will skip the first dive but want to do the second one. I’ve had both situations, the boat will always come back for lunch and after the afternoon dive though

Reactions: CWK
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom